After reading a few bad reviews I was apprehensive upon arriving to the resort. It turns out my doubts were unfounded. I shall start out with the staff, everyone treated my girlfriend and I with respect and were friendly beyond belief, they were simply put amazing. The resorts grounds were very clean and it seemed they took pride in it as they were always out tending to it. For the food, the buffet, we found the food to be good. The breakfast omelette was very tastey. We did a few a la Cartes, and enjoyed them very much. The Japanese one the chef was very entertaining. I read a review previously that someone complained about leaving the room for another table to have desert. Well if they think about it they can only serve so many people per night, it's not a hardship. I loved how the resort is within a very short walk to a marina where they had dolphins and manatees where you could swim with. We swam with the manatees and that was unreal. I liked the security was good, it made you feel secure. I shall mention the room now, we did not do the upgrade but do regret that decision. The room was simple but clean. And to be honest were only there to sleep anyways. The bathroom was a good size and also very clean. The pools were nice and warm and very enjoyable. I have a sunburn beyond belief cause of my self inflicted fun lol. I only had minor things that bothered me but don't consider game changers, there wasn't bacon every day and you had to wait to be seated at the buffet. As I said these were not game changers. One last point, the cappachinos at breakfast was addicting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico