Catalonia Yucatan Beach
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$218
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$223
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
$233
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$149
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$238
  • Pool
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Breakfast included
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$445
$378
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$425
$333
2,181 results
All reviewsgated communitya la cartesplaya del carmensnack barwater shoestapasfishcrepesstandard roomriviera sidejapanese restaurantair transatpure chill out barthomas cooksteakanimation staffsea lions
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here March 26 - April 2, 2013. Had read great reviews of this hotel and have to agree. The staff go out of thier way to make you feel welcome. I have never felt safer, as it's a gated community. All the staff at the lobby desk, Gilda & Lucas in La Brisas Buffet & Samuel from El Mercado Buffet were great, as was Lauren in the Steakhouse. Great week - we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kkate
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Yucatan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.

It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us and you will keep a good memory of Mexico and our Hotel.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff members, who work to make you vacation experience as memorable as possible.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent the week of March 10th to March 18th of 2013.
Our first incident was our standard room, the toilet did not flush properly, they sent someone with a plunger, he left, he did not understand or speak English, but he left, we tried the toilet, still not flushing properly, very unhappy, especially when we just arrived and had to use the washroom very bad! So I called the front desk and we did get moved to a better room, with no extra charge. Your standard rooms are very run down. The beds are terrible also and so are the pillows, time you get new ones!!!!!

Your internet service is terrible, had a lot of problems with communicating with family back home in Canada.

Very upsetting that you do not accept American Money also, very different!

No snack bar on the poolside where we were at, I found that not as nice. Very dead also at our pool area, no entertainment at all, maybe it would be nice if they could start.

The one thing that was nice and I won't forget I Nazario, my bartender, very nice man!

The beach is terrible for swimming, too many slippery rocks, not nice at all.

The manager at the Buffet Place also told us $15.00 per person for Lobster on the Beach on a Thur. night, we found out on our charges, it was $50.00 per person, it is funny how both of us, my husband and I both heard him say $15.00, watch out! We were took, along with 5 of my other family members, and two were 5 and 11, very nice, $50.00, like really, come on! Be careful.

I do say they clean the rooms very good! One good thing.

I will not go ever back to this resort, not happy with it at all, unless they pay my way back and show me better than they did when I was there for the 1st time! Are you willing??
My neice who is 11 liked our resort at Los Cabos much better, and that is coming from an 11 yr. old. Too boring she said, lol, I agreed.

No room service either, terrible, no coffee machines, no bottled water/pop or booze in rooms, where I was anyway, last year in Cabos, I was in a standard room, was treated like a princess!

Sure would like to hear from you and see what you can do for my unhappy time at your Resort, I spent a lot of money to get there and was not very happy! So, what can you do for me?

From Canada, the ones' that support you with the Tourist Industry! :-(

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NanaJoyce
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Yucatan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience

Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations during your stay with us.

I hear all your comments, and certainly we will take seriously your feedback and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an 11 night stay here and we were very happy with our hotel experience. Swift check in process, good size bedroom and an excellent maid service. Own beach or 2 pools to choose from plus an extensive activity programme available to all guests. Al carte vouchers welcomed; only downside the waiting times for tables but then this is a very large hotel complex and it's impossible to seat everyone staying at any given time. Very good buffets; would like to have seen more fresh fish options ideally. This hotel is not a good choice if you want to be visiting cancun; the transfer time from the airport is circa 2 hours which is a struggle after a 10hr flight from the UK! Overall very much recommended. Playa de Carmen easily reachable and this hotel is resort based so you've always the option of exploring Puerto Aventuras marina where there are dolphins and manatees!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lachbc

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had an excellent time on this trip. It was my husband's second time to the Riviera Maya, and my third. The staff were very accomodating...I had only one issue, which was resolved without too much fuss...may I suggest to the hotel that they purchase some plastic soup bowls? One of the days that we were there my husband got too much sun, and was not able to go to dinner. When I asked for a bowl to take him some soup, they did not want to accomodate me as they only had breakable bowls, and did not want the guests taking them out onto the grounds. With some cajoling I was able to convince the hostess to allow me to take a bowl of soup to our room. I totally understood their concerns, many of the guests were drinking too much to be trusted with breakable dishes on the grounds, however, that was not the case in my situation. So, again I suggest that they purchase some plastic soup bowls to alleviate their concerns.

Other than that, the whole experience was wonderful! From the man who checked us in, Pablo, to the bar staff...Armando, Benito, and Gregario (at Margaritas by the pool), to Joel and Omar in the buffet, and the young man who cleaned our room (I did not get his name, but we were in 8217), all of the staff were very friendly and polite! We we at the resort from March 19th thru the 26th...we did not want to come home!

Our one HUGE surprise came when we were informed, upon check-in, that US dollars were not accepted on the resort! Only pesos and Canadian dollars! Is this now the case all across the Riviera? As a result of today's economy? We would like an answer to this question. This surprised us as nowhere on their website was this mentioned. We were pleased, but surprised. We had only brought USD with us, but were able to charge our purchases to our room, so it was not really an issue.

The beach was lovely, there is a nice little lagoon where even babies could play in the water, there was only one day where it was rough, due to high winds and waves. But that was really cool to watch!

The food selection at the buffet was excellent, I am a picky eater and was always able to find more than enough to satisfy me.

Room Tip: we upgraded to a suite...worth it! It was very quiet (until some French-Canadians moved into the suite below us), and the room was nice and big and spotlessly clean!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KathyandWayne

Dear Valued Guest,

Regarding your comments and concerns about the hotel not accepting American Dollars, due to Mexican Federal Disposition (Law of credit Institutions) we are not able to accept American Dollars in cash. For your convenience, we accept local currency, Canadian Dollars (Plus Euro and Pound Sterling) or payments by credit or debit cards.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Catalonia Yucatan is just fabulous. March.17-24.2013. Very clean, user friendly. I have found my resort to return to every winter from Canada's freeze. !!! Love this place.Easy to get around, buffet restaurant is very clean,bright and has ocean views and good food..Our room, although standard had a gorgeous view of the pool, and ocean.Never had to line up anywhere for anything. The only thing missing was music around the pool at the Tequila bar. Could have used some upbeat music right there. Hoiwever, that's certainly a minor complaint and I would give this resort a 10 out of 10. See you next year Catalonia Yucatan. !!! can't wait. and I'm bringing all my family, in-laws,out-laws whomever!!! Wine was mediocre, but to order "real wine" was only $20.00 per bottle, well worth it.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good, due to being a small resort, upgrading might send you off to the Cataolia Riv.Maya around the corner, which is not as user friendly, more walking and lesser views of the ocean and pools.I love blocks 1 and 7 on the Yucatan side. I believe the 2 Catalonias are "sisters"but I preferred thje little sister.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay with us and for such nice comments.
It is great to know that you had a good time and enjoyed our facilities and services. We feel very proud of the impression you had from the hotel and our lovely country.

Thank you for your comments on the bar areas and the music, we will be passing this information to the food and beverage department.