We stayed at the catalonia yucatan for the first time march 1-8th. Having stayed in other all inclusive resorts in the area, i have to say in comparison i was a little disappointed. The beach was absolutely awful, there were a ton of rocks and was almost impossible to walk down. I didn't even go into the sea once all week which was a little disappointing. one day i even saw hotel staff throwing the rocks that washed ashore back into the water. i couldn't believe it! get a wheel barrel and get them out of there! The bartenders were great and willing to make you drinks, even without tips. very impressed with the bartenders, but the buffet staff not so much. one night i went to their little booth and poured myself a glass of water, the waiter noticed and said to me "are you doing my job?" yes yes i am, i had almost finished my meal and still hadn't been offered a drink. the rooms were okay, our patio door didnt lock which being on the ground floor was worrisome. our shower didnt work. over all a little disapointed.. wouldnt return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico