Pros: central to most activities, ok snorkelling, close to marina, adequately clean, Japanese restaurant was good
Cons: the hotel overbooks to the point they cannot accomodate even the most basic of requests. My boyfriend and I had 1 request - king size bed. I was first off the bus and first in line to Register in the lobby where I was told there was not 1 room available in the entire hotel (& adjoining hotel) that had a king size bed. We were Fred & Wilma for 3 nights in 2 double beds.
Two single women - behind us in the check in line - requested 2 double beds, and received a King bed with an upgrade to the Privelaged section.
3 days of going back to the lobby to request a change - was not until I brought up trip advisor that suddenly a room with a king bed became available.
late check out - IF you can get a late checkout it is $40 CAN. There were 6 of us in our group, checkout is noon, our bus did not leave to the airport until 11:30pm, all of us were refused late checkout - at both lobbies. I persisted and finally got a small room for the 6 of us to share until 6pm.
I have never seen front desk staff so programmed to say NO. I have stayed at Breezes, Bahia Principe, Palladium, Las Brisas, and I have NEVER seen such unaccomodating staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico