Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$223
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$205
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$225
$362
Official Site
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$205
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$203
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$119
2,228 results
All reviewsgated communitya la cartesplaya del carmensnack bartapaswater shoesfishcrepesstandard roomjapanese restaurantriviera sideair transatpure chill out barsteakthomas cookprivileged sectionsea lions
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Catalonia Yucatan Beach in the middle of June, 2012. We went on a vacation with my parents, and younger sister. Both my parents are over 50, im 28 and my sister is 22. We all had a wonderful time. Great hotel, excellent staff. The bar tenders at The Tequila bar were our favorite! After the second day, they knew what we were drinking and we didnt even have get up to get a refill. They would come right over with a new one :) We also enjoyed all the entertainment staff. There are awesome. We had so much fun with them, and miss them all! Rooms were clean, the hotel grounds were always getting cleaned up, the buffets were great. They had some food that was the same, but for the most part one of the best buffets we have been to in Mexico. We also ate at the Japanese, Steak house, and my sister loves the fresh crepes. The hotel beaches are my only negative thing. A little too rockey, but still beautiful. We were impressed by all the activites, the sports bar, disco, and loves walking to the marina. Its about a 10 minute walk down the street. There you can walk and see the dolphins, sea lions, and if you want to you can swim with them for a price. Playa Del Carmen is a 25$ cab ride, and about 15 minutes away. Not too far. Once again we went to CoCo Bongo in Playa Del Carmen. Another amazing time there!!! Even my parents loved it!!! We had a loIts a must to go! Talk to Alex, or Nelson, they will get you a good spot in the club. Over all we had a lovely stay, and my parents are planning to go back in October. I am planning to spend my 2 weeks off of school there in December. Thank you Catalonia, can't wait to go back!!!

5  Thank TiffanysAdventures
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Yucatan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.

It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us and you will keep a good memory of Mexico and our Hotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Catalonia Yucatan is a wonderful holiday. Pools are excellent, beach is clean with lots of chairs. Little hard to get into ocean (sea) from beach are as very rocky from storms bringing in the rocks but there is easy access to ocean from side of location, which is also a wonderful spot for snorkeling, lots of beautiful fish right there. This was my 2nd time there, I was at this spot in Jan 2010, not much has changed but not much needs to be changed!
Food is very good, steak and Mexican a-la-carte are the best! Snack bar is Great! Drinks are great too, not watered down and excellent selection of drinks. With 2 swim up bars and 2 regular bars, you never go thirsty.
We did one excursion, Rio Secreto and it is well worth the $$
Not far from hotel (about 15 min drive) and you get to see parts of the jungle, go into underground cave for well over an hour and then enjoy a wonderful traditional Mexican meal at the end! Overall excursion was about 5 hrs total. Experience of a life-time!
The hotel has upgraded/updated the 3 story buildings to premium suites which are beautiful, BUT they definitely need to do some updating to the regular rooms now! They need more King beds available and they definitely need comfier mattresses & pillows and definitely need to upgrade the bathrooms now! But, with saying all that...these rooms are still CLEAN!
We paid just under $1,000 ea back in 2010 and had one of the premium suites (just not as fancy as they are now) and on this trip we got a great deal through Nolitours and paid only $625 ea for a regular room, I would say for this hotel you should pay no more than $800 ea for reg room and no more than $1000 ea for the premium rooms.
Tip: Front desk only takes Peso's and Canadian CASH....thats right....not US cash.
But everywhere else, like excursions and tipping staff/drivers... you still use US money!

5  Thank Tanya G
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Food was good but buffets didn't change a lot. We went to the Tapaa restaurant three times! It was excellent along with the service. Room was so so. No fridge, no iron or the extras we are accustomed to. Beach is rocky but there is one part that has been cleared. Was at the same resort for New Years two years ago and food and service were much better. When you travel in high season, you pay more but get a lot more!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lolaandd
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The facilities are excellent and certainly met my expectations. However, the two buffet restaurants lacked variety and selection both at breakfast and lunch. For a tropical site, there were very few tropical fruits available. Not ONE mango served in over one week of breakfasts and lunches at the buffet. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the food was good, but I am disappointed there was very little variety from day to day in those restaurants.

The Tapas restaurant is by far the best (a la carte) and well worth going to each night. Try the chocolate desert as it is to die for. The Japanese a la carte is also excellent. Did not try the Mexican a la carte so I cannot comment on it. The Italian a la carte was disappointing with little choice and small servings. Also, when frequenting an Italian restaurant I expect to be served Italian bread, not soft buns.

Overall the experience was great, but I am a big believer that these resorts need to provide variety in the menu offered day in day out as it relates to the buffets where most of us dine for breakfast and lunches.

Staff was very nice and helpful. make sure your room has an umbrella when you first arrive. We got caught in a storm and out room had no umbrella and the resort was out of them. Finally got one a few days later but as luck would have it, no more rain (good thing I guess :)

Rooms were excellent and very clean. A small fridge would have been nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DannyandL
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience

Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations during your stay with us.

I hear all your comments, and certainly we will take seriously your feedback and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

WOW !! What a wonderrful vacation once again our 4th time to this resort and our 2nd time this year and it was as good as our 1st. The Staff -- Fantastic -- The Food -- Exellent with the exception of the Steak House, the steaks are very thin and tough. Best was the Jappanese.
All the Staff including the Chefs are extremely friendly and go out of there way to please you, right down to geting me peanut butter for my toast which is not stocked in the buffets for breakfast. In fact one morning I went to La Brisais for breakfast and the Chef remembered me from our last trip there in fact she even remember that I always asked for two eggs over easy ( How impressive it that ? ) The rooms are clean but need a little upgrading. Ibraham which is one of the Supervisors of the Chill out Bar and the Tequilla Bar is always extremely polite and goes out of his way to make sure your needs are met ( Way to go Ibrahams ) Luis who works at the Tequilla bar always makes you feel at home and makes awesome drinks. Thumbs Up for Luis ) Just tell him `` Hey Luis give me domething that tastes good and gets me where I need to be `` and he will. The Beach is a lttle rocky but nonetheless FANTASTIC. They do not have Sol or Coronas in bottles it is all on Tap. I perfer bottles with a Lime. I borrowed a bike from the Resort and biked out of the Resort and across the street for my own box of Sol from the OxxO store. $10.00 for 12 Sol. The Grounds are always well kept and clean, the Beach is as close as your gonna get. Approx a 30 second walk depending on where your room is located. There is a nice little Lagoon which you can borrow kayaks from the Resort and Kayak around. This Resort is SAFE with no problems and I have been there 4 times with no incidents, this is a family resort. A Big Big Thank-You to Sylvia and all her Staff for making us feel at home. Our Home away from Home. Looking so so forward to returning in either Dec or Early January 2013.

2  Thank pepsione11