I traveled to this resort along with my husband and another couple for a week March 23-30. This was my first visit to Mexico but my 6th all inclusive resort. I will try to break down my review and be as honest as possible.
Let me first start by saying Catalonia Yucatan and Catalonia Riveria Maya are listed as 2 resorts but in all honestly it is just one resort so any comments I make refer to both secitons.
Rooms - We had a standard room and felt no need to upgrade. Room was very clean and had everything we needed. Two double beds (very comfy). No we didn't get a fridge but really didn't need one. We did get 3 - 40 oz bottles of liquior (vodka, rum & Gin) but we didn't even open them. No need to since we could get a drink anytime we wanted anywhere. Yes we did have to pay for the safe but it was $21 for the whole week and felt it was a small price to pay for peace of mind knowing your passport and other things were secured.
Pools & Beach - There are 5 pools at this resort. Some smaller than others. Two of the pools have swim up bars which we enjoyed. There was a quiet pool on the Yucatan side and a more lively one on the Riveria Mayan side so you could choose what you were in the mood for that day. The beach is a decent size. Not one you could walk on for hrs by any means but still very nice. Definately a bit rocky but just bring some water shoes and you'll be fine. Great for snorkelling.
Restaurants - While we were there only one buffet was open and yes some nights not all the a la cartes were open since the resort was only at about 50% capacity. Now we were still able to take advantage of all the restaurants when they were open and never once in the whole week did we stand in a line up and have to wait any amount of time. Even though some restrurants were closed on some days there was still more than enough food to eat. We enjoyed all our meals and felt the food was very good. No complaints at all with the food. Loved the Creipe bar for desserts after dinner.
Grounds - Resort is not very big but they definately do manage to fit alot into a small space. Gardens are well kept and you constantly see gardeners working on them.
Staff- Some of the best staff I have encountered right from the animation staff to the waiters and waitresses, the front desk staff and the bartenders. Always willing to help and worked with a smile. The security at the lobby were very good with getting your info when you leaved the resort and you just check back with them when you return to let you know you're back on property.
Over all I was extremely pleased with everything this resort had to offer. Since the resort wasn't at full capacity we had no trouble getting a chair either by the pool or on the beach in any location we wanted at anytime of the day. Can't say how that would be if the resort was full. If you are going to this resort, just go there and enjoy all it has to offer and don't worry about the small stuff. You're on vacation, relax and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico