I'm writing this review now after having been to 3 other resorts. The Catalonia Yucatan was a fun resort. I love the feeling of the smaller resorts. The staff was incredible, and the service was fantastic. The entertainment staff was the best. They were all so personable and made us feel very welcome. The beach however is not great. I cut my foot on the rocks the first day I went swimming. This is a VERY VERY rocky beach. It's difficult to find an area without rocks. The waves can become quite rough and then it's impossible to see the rocks underneath you. I've also stayed at Dreams which is right across from this resort and there, they've cleared a large swimming area. The Riviera side of the hotel is much nicer. It was quite funny to have to keep draining the portable air conditioner in our room. I'd have to lug it over to the bathtub to empty it. I did love the view from our balcony. I'm surprised by how much the price has gone up for this resort. It really doesn't compare with the other four stars, this resort is more of a 3 star for sure! Our room had no fridge and we had to keep refilling the water bottle they gave us. I really didn't mind, I was just happy to be in Mexico. But now, after having been to other 4 star resorts, I've been spoiled, I won't be back to this particular resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico