My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of June and had a wonderful time. I'll try and write a quick but good review.
Room - We booked a superior room and found it to be nice (pre-paid safe and mini fridge -it was worth it because the difference to book this and to pay for the safe in a standard room was only a few dollars). The beds were comfy and they had a pillow menu were you could choose your perfect pillow. The bathroom was big and had a large shower with a rain shower head and a hand held attachment as well. No bathtub. Our toilet broke the second day into our stay and we had to change rooms (which happened super easily). We also had turn down service most of the nights.
THE BIGGEST DISADVANTAGE to the rooms at this resort is that there is a severe lack of privacy. Everyone can easily see onto your balcony and into your room. You have to keep your blinds closed all the time.
Also, if you book a privileged room you will stay on the Rivera Maya side (no big deal).
Food - The food was typical resort food, good but not amazing. We ate at the tapas, Mexican, Italian, the grill, and the Asian. All were decent but we preferred the Mexican and Asian (although it was a little salty but still yummy). We booked all of our al a cartes at one time and did not have to wait in line. The creperie was delicious and fun! The buffet food tasted fine but the selection was horrible. They offered the EXACT same things every day.
Pool - Pools were nice and clean. The one pool bar was closed during our stay because of a break in the pipes so everyone seemed to stay on one side. We managed to get pools chairs pretty easy every day. There were always fun poolside activities as well.
Beach - They had free snorkel gear every day. We used it often and had fun with it. We saw three small barracudas, jelly fish, and sting rays. The lagoon was nice and shallow; you could just sit in there and read or relax.
Other - It was very quiet our first three days there so many of the restaurants weren't open every night. We are 20 and we were by far the youngest couple for a few days. Most guests were around 30 and there were many families with young children. The service was good; everyone was always helpful and friendly. Overall I would likely not go back here just because I like to try new things but we had a really great time :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico