For anyone who has negative comments on this resort, I have no idea how they can be justified. I have travelled around the world on both cruises and vacation resorts and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this resort.
The food is good, there are 5 a la carte restaurants that are all great, the rooms are clean and spacious and there are 3 heated pool with 2 swim-up bars. The beach is rocky in areas when entering, but just find an entrance where there is sand! There is also a lagoon if you want something much quieter and calmer, as the waves in the area are always quite rough anyway.
I was at a Sandals in St. Lucia last year and a Sandals in Ocho Rios the year before and this place is as clean and accommodating as either of those resorts. The food was just as good and the pools were probably better. For a 4 star resort, you can't beat the price for the money.
To top it off. its actually located in a gated community, so you can leave the resort for walks, golf or dolphin excursions on foot and feel completed safe.
Very good spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico