Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Pool
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$290
$225
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$388
$208
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$507
$402
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$499
$310
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $343/night.

8,907 results
All reviewsfrench restaurantfishcoral grillmaya palaceoaxaca buildingsea turtlesother resortscoco barclub premiumadult pooldinner reservationsfamily vacationbeautiful resortspecialty restaurantsbarcy clubmake reservationsthe check in process
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a great time at the palace from Feb 1-10. There were some issues though...I read that the snorkeling was great. I usually go to cozumel, where it is amazing.I wanted to try someplace different, and read that this place was great for snorkeling. It was not so. There was no plant life on the ocean floor, like the sand had been recently brought in. I know that does not make sense, but I could not figure out why there would be no plants, rocks, etc, only sand. There was a little reef as you entered the ocean, but when you got a little depth, no more. The only fish I saw were under and around the pier, where people would feed them.I never saw a sea turtle, in fact, only one of our party of 5 saw one, we still tease him that it was not real. In cozumel, as soon as you enter the water, there is an abundance of various plants and sealife. I wanted to try someplace different, and read that this place was great for snorkeling. I satisfied myself with the amazing pools. The adult pool was my favorite, it was tucked away and very relaxing. Our bartender, ulissyes, was amazing! I probably am spelling his name wrong, sorry! The resort is breathtakingly beautiful, however, be prepared to walk! It took us about 5 or 6 minutes to walk to any meal, pool or beach. That is about a quarter mile, right? The beds are pretty hard, but what with all the top shelf hooch I drank, sleeping was no problem. We could not turn down the AC in our room, so we called, but got no help from guest services(no comprende), so we just had to turn it off occasionally. We called about getting the mini bar restocked(this was spotty), but the person answering did not speak English so I had a hard time making my wishes clear. The food is very good and varied.One disturbing event. A stranger walked into my sisters room at 4 in the morning. He was not an employee, but had a key card that worked. I still don't know how this happened.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the 8200's or lower. It seems that the only rooms close are the ones with a premium upgrade, which is substantial. Bring comfortable walking shoes!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BaltimoreBarb9763
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear BaltimoreBarb9763,

Please accept an apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay,the same way we regret that the snorkel at the hotel was not to your liking, we usually have very good comments as the area is totally natural.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the Palace Feb 1-8, 2014 and loved every minute of it. The rooms are clean, roomy, and decorated nicely. We only had one complaint; a very hard bed but as soon as I complained about it, housekeeping came and placed a feather bed on top of the mattress. I did not meet one unhappy staff member. They all worked hard at maintaining a beautiful resort and beach with smiles on their faces which put smiles on ours. The food was fantastic, even at the buffet. No waits, awesome presentation, excellent service by very friendly staff. The Coco pool bar served tasty drinks! We found the resort quite at night. This is a resort that is not for the party hearty, which was fine by us as we were usually done by 10 after a day in the sun. We will be back next year! Thank-you Barcelo Palace and I hope that you tell your staff that they are doing a great job!

Room Tip: Our friends were on ground level and found it to be more noisier and less private. We were on the third level looking towards the adult pool area. We did not have a Ocean view room and did have a short walk from the pool/beach/lobby area but it was an enjoyable walk with lots of beautiful scenery.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christa P
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director General at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Deer Christa P,

We appreciate your kind comments which are shared with our staff and of course we will continue working to improve every day, it will be a pleasure to host you once again.

Armando Becerra M.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The was our first trip to Mexico. My husband said how can we stay anywhere else next time when we stay at the best. One complaint was the room was too cold. The staff was always so willing to please, greet us with a warm sincere smile and made us feel at home. It's a quiet relaxing place and all the guests reflect such friendliness because of the atmosphere. The food, Oh the food, unbelievable. Something for everyone. We like to try everything at least once and we had so much fun at the buffets. There is so much to do and explore. We know we have left plenty of adventure for next time!!

Room Tip: Rooms on courtyard appear nicer, less jungle noise & trolley noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rlee2559
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director General at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Rlee2559,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you and show you the quality of our services, always gives us pleasure to know that we have fulfilled your expectations.

Armando M. Becerra

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I spent 10 days at the Palace; our second visit over five years. While the weather was great, the ocean warm, and the break from the office more than overdue, it was the staff and the ambiance of the resort that made our holiday really special. All the staff, from those at the front desk (check-in and check-out), the restaurants (Jesús and Miguel Ángel), the adult pool and bar (Ulysses), the spa on the beach ... it was a pleasure to have met them all. The hotel doctor, too, was friendly and helpful (earache). OK... there were negatives, but just three: the beds (yes, they're as hard as others have reported, though the mattress cover made somewhat of a difference); the house wine, especially the red, really isn't very good; and the lack of free wi-fi (not that I even turned my phone on the entire stay, but had I wanted to, just saying...). But those three items didn't detract in the least from our having a great stay at the Palace. And a day in Playa rounded things off nicely. Last but not least, the other guests -- Edmonton, Minnesota. All good. We look forward to our next visit!

PS. We used USATransfers to get us to and from the hotel from the airport. $120 round trip. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Randy2620

Dera Randy2620,

We are happy to know that you and your wife had a great time, enjoying the ocean, the staff and the ambience of the resort, despite the minor inconveniences that did not affect you stay.

Kind regards,

Armando Becerra M.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I celebrated my 40th birthday at this resort. We had our 10 year old son, my husband, 2 of my sisters, and a brother-in-law. Age range 10-51. We all were impressed by this resort. It was our first time out of the States but soon we felt comfortable here. Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, excellent food, wonderful drinks, clean, friendly staff and very helpful. Much to do. Dolphins were great and reasonably priced. Beach wonderful too. Can't wait to go back. Amstar's Victor was very helpful with excursions! We loved him! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rdegryse
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Rdegryse,

Thank you for your comments! We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay.
It would be a pleasure to host you family in he future.

Best regards!!!