“The best shop for those who enjoy diving”

Aquanauts Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquanauts Dive Shop is a family run PADI 5 Star Center located on the marina in Puerto Aventuras, about 15 minutes south of Playa del Carmen. We are a small shop providing personal service to our divers, providing long bottom times, allowing you to get the most out of each dive.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The best dive shop I have seen in many years. Unlike other dive shops in Mexico who time your dive and at best give you 40 minutes b time, here you can go for as long as your profile (or your air consumption will allow). The rental equipment is top shape, with computers if you need them, the boats with the two new motor is the best in Puerto and allows you to go all the way to Paamol in less then 7 minutes so you have many more dive sites to choose from compared with the local competition. Nick and Muaricio are the best, and if you need to you can just leave all your equipment in the shop instead of shlepping it around.
Just amazing!

in 11 reviews
"marina"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2013

By far one of the worst dive shop experiences I have ever had. I have over 3000 dives all over the world and dealing with Aquanauts was by far one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had! The owner was rude and went out of his way to make us feel unwelcome there. I have dealt with the past two owners this shop over the last 12 years and they were both great to work with however the current incarnation of the business is not only unprofessional but goes out of there way to make you feel unwelcome. There are much better choices in puerto adventuras. I recommend any of them over aquanauts

3  Thank Bob T
Jim Y, Owner at Aquanauts Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thanks for your review of Aquanauts Dive Shop. I am sorry that you left disappointed in our service.

In looking through our records for December, I do not see your name on any of our dive records, so I have to guess that you are one of several customers who came in during the month to rent Scuba equipment for personal unguided trips. About 2 years ago we instituted a policy of not renting dive gear to people who are not diving with us. This was brought about by safety and liability concerns as well as having equipment returned in poor condition.

As you can see from our other reviews we are not in the habit of disappointing our customers and do everything we can to maintain that approach to running the shop.

Aquanauts Dive Shop.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Aahh, what to say about the best dive shop in Puerto Aventuras?
We have been diving with this dive shop for years now and it is always a treat to 'come home' and dive with them.
The new motors on the dive boat are awesome, fast and no more smell.
Going now to Playa is a real treat. A bigger group is needed to go here, but it is worth it.
The dive masters are top notch, safety and long dives are the norm. Doing 60+ minute dives are just awesome...even 91 minutes! Why go on cattle boats with timed dives?
The crew are very helpful and careful with cameras and gear.
Keeping the gear at the shop is nice too. No need to take it back and forth to the resort.
We will keep coming 'home' as there is no better place to be.

3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a fab snorkelling trip with Aquanauts - lovely man took our booking and friendly staff got us ready for trip.

Fab speedboat trip 20 minutes up the coast which we all felt was worth the 200 dollar fee alone! Then into the water - my fin strap broke but one of our party didn't want to wear hers so I had those. The guide carried a ring and he knew where to look, finding us eels and turtles to see. We had a really great snorkel (unlike those on organised tours with 25 people all kicking each other in the head!) we were taken over to the pristine beach and given a beer - it was paradise. Boat trip back was fun again - the guys loved entertaining us with the speed and it was so much fun.

Totally recommend Aquanauts.

2  Thank jlf77
See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We can not say enough about this dive shop. Jim, Nick and Mirna were so professional, accommodating and knowledgeable. They made our dive experience the best possible in every way. My husband has years of experience diving, while I was completing my open water training sessions for certification. Nick provided the perfect balance of giving my husband guidance, yet space to explore and photograph some awesome reefs. He was so patient and supportive with me that I completed the necessary skills with ease and confidence. The captains on the dive boat were very helpful. The experience was definitely the highlight of our trip to Mexico.

3  Thank rulearnin