we found the last minute deal online at air canada vacations and we thought we'd give it a try. we are pleased with the deal and this resort. It was a bit far from the airport but with the pre-arranged transportation from the airport the trip was bearable.
- it's 4 resorts in 1 while there were lots of people, you rarely bumped into anyone because it's just THAT big
- there were lots of beachfronts to choose from because of the 4 resorts combined (we heard from other people from other resorts that Barcelo's beaches were so much better than the other resorts)
- LOTS of beach loungers AND LOTS of Palm trees so there's plenty of shade
- lots of activities in the resort like dolphinaris, water sports (motorized & non-motorized), market place with hotel shops and some local vendors
- well appointed rooms
- mojitos that are super addictive!
- if the humidity gets to you, they offer a free ride to the key areas in the resort (it's a tractor drawn trolley that could get really hot because some portion of the trolley is covered by plexiglass)
- several pools a few of them have bars
- nightly entertainment makes it interesting (if the "fiesta mexicana" show is playing, it's worth seeing because they show the impressive traditional Mexican cultural dances and songs from coast to coast --- it's great to know more about the cultural history of the place you're visiting)
the not-so-good (I'm not calling these bad because they're really small annoyances than really bad, those who keep complaining shouldn't be on vacation!)
- size of the resort = LOTS of walking in the humidity!
- buffet selection can get pretty boring
- food is all about the quantity rather than quality (but still passable if you know how to pick the food)
- distance to the airport
- one of the nightly shows, "on da radio" was terrible! dancers weren't in-synch, choreography was odd (it had nothing to do with the songs), singers could carry a tune but they need to enunciate more because we didn't know if they were singing the English songs in Spanish which took away from the popular tunes
- while it's all-inclusive, we still found ourselves tipping the servers because some of them said that they really don't get that much (wish they setup the tipping similar to a cruise ship where they charge you a flat deeper day so you really don't have to worry about it)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico