I needed a week to unwind and relax with my hubby and this place was fantastic. We stayed April 9th - 16th and had a room in the Guanajuato block which was well located to the beach and pool.
This resort is huge and you will do lots of walking - this was great for me but I have seen other negative reviews about the walking so be warned.
These are the things I loved about this resort:
Beautifully landscaped immaculate grounds.
Great service everywhere
Amazing beach with lots of palm trees and loungers.
Great buffets with lots of vegetarian options!
Clean beautiful swimming pools
I was worried about eating well here - I have been to several other all inclusive properties and if your a vegetarian it can be hit or miss - but not here.
They have a nice little gym and one afternoon while it rained for an hour we went in and found a nice Jacuzzi and a eucalyptus steam room - heaven.
Several nights we walked down to the Maya Beach and enjoyed their dinner buffet - we also had dinner reservations for the Japanese and Italian but cancelled them because we saw no need to eat in the restaurants since the buffets were more than adequate.
My only complaint was that it was crowded at the swimming pools and hard to find chairs we usually walked down to the Tropical pool to find a chair in the shade. My big gripe is people were saving chairs in the shade and in the sun all day - a family of 3 would save like 7 chairs - really? VERY inconsiderate and not really the fault of the Barceló.
Our room was more than adequate and we didn't mind the firmness of the mattress to be an issue.
This is a fantastic resort for families so if you don't like to be around small children don't stay here -
All in all I would definitely stay here again I got my relaxation and my well needed rest.
My hubby loved it and still talks about all the great ceviche's at lunch and dinner and the fresh seafood not to mention the amazing breakfast items that you would never have at home everyday...
What's not to like?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico