This was our first time to the Barcelo Maya Colonial. Overall this was a nice resort. The food was mostly good, the staff was friendly, professional and polite, beach and pools were great, and the property was beautiful. A few of the things we did not like were the long wait to check in (maybe 15-20 minutes but felt like forever!), we had booked a king bed but received 2 queens which I think were really closer to full sized beds, the beds and pillows left a lot to be desired, and that our only options for dinner reservations were late in the evening (8:30-9:30pm).
While there we took the city bus into town for some shopping-costs $3 and you simply wait outside the resort entrance by the highway. Snorkling was was near the rocks. We took out a sail boat (included with the resort) which was really fun. the Japanese restaurant was by far our favorite. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Barcelo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico