We attended this resort during March Break (Canada) weekend in 2013. Family member's wedding. We got a room upgrade for a decent price. We had a bunch of coupons we could apply for different services. The room service was fabulous. The bartenders rocked. The beach was stunning. The tours and a-la-carte restaurants were hard to book, mainly because the resort was at max capacity and the group that had traveled together was over 40 people.
Only peeve was that the teenagers accompanied by their parents were very loud and rude and were very disrespectful when drunk in the evening ( to be expected during the busiest of seasons) however, staff were diligent to rectify situations.
You had to search for an "entry point" without coral to wade in the ocean, but the water was beautiful and there was a mile long beach. many folks were getting clipped or injuring themselves from sharp coral edges when the tide picked up.
Nice feel for Mexico- with the shopping center in a round-a-bout. Nice Discotheque- but they shouldn't charge a cover fee at all unless you want to be a VIP. ( which is not worth it)
Great Food, Great Entertainment, Good Services.
If we return to Mexico, we will definitely keep this resort in mind.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico