My wife, daughter (4 y.o.), and I spent 7 days at Barcelo Maya Colonial in April 2013. Here are my notes for those interested:
1. If you are looking for a noisy, fun resort with good entertainment - this place is not for you. There are no activities like you see at other resorts, the entertainment team is sleepy and hides all day. Management is unfriendly and not helpful. Takes a few phone calls and trips to the lobby to get their attention.
2. The beach is nice but there are a lot of rocks in the sea. You have to go away from the hotel beach to get a sandy entry into the water. There isn't any shade on the beach either.
3. Food was OK, not much variety but pretty good.
4. Kids club is a joke. It's basically a babysitting service with nothing to entertain the kids.
5. Our room on the bottom floor was moldy and reeked. Our clothes were always damp because of the humidity in the room.
Summary: Will not go there again. The only attractive thing about this resort is the price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico