I religiously use these reviews to assist in planning my trips so I thought it was about time I contribute!
I stayed at the Colonial with family from Nov.4-11.
We had a direct flight from Edmonton to Cancun, but once we got our luggage and took the looong bus ride to the hotel we were pretty exhausted. Check-in took longer than we would have liked, but it seemed like the staff were doing the best they could given the fact a bus load of people had just arrived.
Our rooms were fine, ours did face the theater and as other mentioned it is pretty loud at night, but that didn't bother us because we were at the theater every night enjoying the show. The shows were beyond expectations, with so many impressive dance routines and dozens of costume changes!
The buffet was like an other all inclusive, some good and some not so good. There is something to accommodate everyone's taste's though.
We had 4 a la cartes. We paid the extra $15 per person for the French as others had suggested and it was 100% worth it. The restaurant was absolutely stunning, the service amazing and food divine!
My second favorite was the steak house with seafood and Japanese tied for third. The service at them all is fantastic.
The pools were great (yes, a little chilly). We spent most of our time at the Tropical pool. This is where all of the music and activities happen. Even if you don't like to participate it is fun to watch while soaking up the sun.
The beach is incredible and there are plenty of loungers for everyone. Careful getting in the water, it is pretty rocky in some places.
We rented ATV's right from the resort. It was about $35 for the hour. This was a great little afternoon adventure and it was great having them right at the resort so there weren't any long bus rides involved.
We also spent one morning at Tulum. Very interesting to see and the beach there is a lot of fun. (They sell you bug spray on the bus making it seem like you can't live with out it...we bought...it was NOT necessary)
We also went on Catamaya for a day. This was great! Snorkeling, food, music and dancing! The staff go above and beyond to ensure everyone is having a great time. We also saw dolphins on our way back!
Overall this was a fantastic trip! I would definitely return!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico