Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Professional dive operation

Dove with them out of Catalonia last week. Very "buttoned up" in terms of safety and procedures... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Dominick N
Nesconset
One word: PERFECT

I went on vacation only in order to dive and learn this discipline. Knowing how difficult it is to... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SebaMapenzi

Recommended experiences in and around Puerto Aventuras
from $1,350.00
from $1,100.00
from $120.00
from $140.00
1,124 results
All reviews open water marco polo dreams resort fish diving experience special thanks stayed at the catalonia hotel pool bull sharks boat crew refresher course bat cave great diving sea turtles minute boat ride dos ojos these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

My friend Kerry and I booked a full day of what was promised to be an adventurous and fun packed day....and we were not disappointed! Our guide Aldo and driver Jesus were so friendly and caring. They made sure we got the best out of our visit, Aldo was really funny and entertaining and you could see he was passionate about what he did. Jesus was a careful driver and got us to our destinations safely and back to our hotel. The lunch we had was a traditional Mexican meal and tasted good :) we went to the "Two Eyes" sinkhole or cenote which was awesome, snorkelling with turtles and stingrays on Turtle Beach, the water was breathtaking. The Mayan Ruins in Tulum was a sight to behold with amazing history.
This was our second excursion with Pro Dive - we have booked parasailing as well so really excited! Would definitely recommended these guys and if you're lucky enough to get Aldo as your guide then you are sure to have a brilliant time! Thank you so much again for making it a trip to remember :)

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Decided to get a week away in Mexico for some R&R. Day one I found the scuba shop on the beach at the Catalonia Riviera Maya hotel and within an hour I had booked up 6 dives over 4 days! So much for a week spent on the beach.

The range of dives offered by the centre were excellent. Reef dives, cavern diving and diving with bull sharks were all available and gobbled up with relish by me, who is strictly a warm water diver.

Most important for me was the knowledge offered by the team at the Pro Dive International Puerto Aventuras and, in particular, Sophie, was brilliant. Never felt as if I was being oversold anything and the enthusiasm for diving was very evident. And then the equipment...One problem I've found diving in Egypt is that the equipment is old and poorly maintained. Everything here was new or certainly nearly new. Great reassurance when this stuff is quite important in keeping you alive!

If you are here in January/February then the dive with the pregnant bull sharks must be on your list.

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank Fordandco
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Signed up with 13 friends and had a boat take us north of Puerto Aventuras. Soy was our guide and "The Hunk" was our captain. Marco arranged our trip and they all took great care of us. The ride over and back was great fun and the snorkel was easy enough for everyone to do and enjoy. We saw lots of turtles, sting rays and lots of fish. It was a great way to spend an afternoon. The equipment we used (some fins and masks) were good quality. Some of us did have our own. Enjoyed the experience and I think you will too.

1  Thank Ann3020
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Having not dived for 18 years i asked to do a refresher course and subsequent dive. Everything was very well carried out and very professional, I had great instructors and all the staff were helpful, happy and obviously enjoyed their job. I could not have felt more looked after or safer.
The dive was amazing at the end of the course and I cannot thank all the guys enough for a fantastic day. Loved it!

1  Thank angelae272
Reviewed January 5, 2019

Our family is all experienced (>50 dives pp) and have been scuba diving around the world in a wide variety of conditions and with a wide variety of diving outfits. We did 6 dives in 4 days and experienced the wonders of Cozumel, the Cenotes (Chikin Ha), Bull Sharks and the wreck/reefs of PDC. The food on the Cenotes trip was really good and our guides for the full day for Cozumel (ferry trip, lots of shuttling of gear) were excellent. All of their dive masters are knowledgeable and make sure that first and foremost everyone is safe (often under-rated for scuba outfitters).

For PDC Mexico (that is the qualifier!) this shop is great as we saw a lot of shops with really terrible regard for diver safety, equipment in ill repair, tanks that were not filled properly, et al.

That said, their rental gear does have lot of leaky BCs, crumbling wetsuits and regulators with leaky hoses. Depending on surf conditions the beach-boat transfers can be a bit of a swimming chore. and your gear can often get all mixed up with other gear when doing a lot of transfers between vans, locations, ferry, et al. Nothing unsafe and nothing that makes the experience terrible. Just know what you are getting into and as always with scuba pay attention to your gear, your personal safety and and your own limits.

3  Thank 736kathrynk