Let me start by saying this was a return trip for myself and 13 year old daughter. We loved the family room we had the previous year, so we emailed the resort ahead of travel with our room request and also made them aware we were return guests. Upon arrival, we were very pleased to find we as well as the other families traveling with us were placed in the requested rooms, which were available before check in time. Our room greeted us with chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of red wine, cookies and a beautiful flower arrangement. Although our room did have the faint musty smell, I have found this in ALL the many resorts I have stayed in along the Mexican Riviera. Everything was clean, mini bar fully stocked, slippers and bathrobes, and a nice cold room.
The menu in all restaurants has recently changed. We thoroughly enjoyed all meals, with the exception of the Mexican restaurant. Althoug the service was great, myself nor the families we traveled with enjoyed our entrees.
Our favorite restaurant was by far the gourmet Italian. The presentation was excellent and the food wonderful. We did have several children traveling with us, and Pueblo and other wait staff were eager to grant all their requests. When some oredered 2 entrees, the waiters just smiled and took our orders. The only negative aspect at this restaurant would have been the children that were crawling under/around tables, running into servers and guests, not staying in there seats. Obviously this would not be the fault of the restaurant.....
Seaside was great for lunch as well as dinner. I do not care for fish, but others in our group raved about the fish tacos. The tenderloin kabobs were great for dinner. I must mention Arturo, the head waiter. He does a excellent job!
Oceana was wonderful as well. Great crab cakes as well as coconut shrimp. Yes, the portions are small, but just order 2! Most upscale gourmet restaurants I have been to in the states are more about presentation and quality than quantity.
Also worth mentioning, the included wine selection was much better than what other all inclusives offer. The red Spanish was very good!
Wait service on the beach could not be faulted. Barbara was excellent. There were several others notably worth mentioning, but can not remember their names. Most days servers came out with trays of food offerings while sunbathing, goat cheese sandwiches, kabobs, mini burgers, fish and so on. Also, either paella or grilled entrees were served beach side. Nice added touch!
Obviously there were small things I could complain about. Tile slick and wet everywhere, just like EVERY other Mexican resort. Not sure what vacationers expect, carpet in a humid climate with sand and water? Yes, I could hear my neighbors at times. Yes there were alot of small children not being minded by their parents. Knowing this is a family resort, this is to be expected. At times at the buffet, it took a while to get water or coffee. Who cares? THe breakfast was great! Especially made to order crepes every mornin!
We purchased this trip thru Bookit. Everything was as smooth as could be. For the price, we defin. got more than we paid for a few times over.
We talked with many other travelers while there as well. We did not hear about one unhappy vacationer.
Thumbs up To The MEXICAN CHOCOLATE!!!
Our kids had a great time participating in activities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico