5,385 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patioadult poolfamily pooldreams pabarracuda barsushi restaurantpreferred clubexplorers clubnatural pooldolphin viewcoco cafemarina sidewater showfish tacoskids club
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have never written a review before, but felt this resort deserved one. We were a group of 12 . 6 adults 6 children ( 9yr- 16) We never incountered a problem with any of the complaints I have read about before we left. All though the shower problem is correct but so what you through a towel down and forget about it it is cleaned up before you return for the night. The service is exceptional from the front desk to the wait staff entertainment crew etc... The motto is " My Pleasure".The food was very good My husband is somewhat of a food critic and was pleasantly surprised. This a great family place with always a enough to do for all ages. All of our children are still talking about what a great time they had at dreams. We would definitly return to a dreams resort. I can go on forever about all the fun we all had at this resort!! Ignore all the negative reviews, and have fun!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Just returned and not overly impressed. I know they claim a six star resort but that rating all depends on what room you receive. Traveled with two other couples all booked the same type rooms, their rooms were fine. Ours was a 4 star at best, appeared to be have least ten years of wear and tear Bathroom floor flooded every time you showered. Toilet ran constantly,kept us awake all night, had to repair it twice myself only to have their maintenance staff break it all over again. Talked to the front desk and travel rep but nothing was done and we were not moved, they use the typical line of being completely booked and can't help you. The lame inflatable iceberg that they boast about in their brochures was a joke. Their entertainment was just as lame. I have been to Mexico over 15 times so I have a pretty good handle on the resort ratings. I would probably not return to this hotel, if you want to run with the big boys and claim to be a six star hotel then step up to the plate and act like one, Mexico included.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My families first time at an all-inclusive resort and we loved it . If you didn't find the value exceeded the cost at this resort, then I want to know where else you can stay for the same.

Cleanliness/Food
My husband and I would always get caught up in the negative food reviews of all-inclusive. If your doing your research, you know exactly what I am saying. Everything there was sanitary and the food was delicious. It wasn't like being on a cheap cruise or at The Sizzler's All you can eat buffet. You'll order from a real menu at dinner and you won't get tired of the food. Your room will be cleaned each day, like the first day you checked in.

Location & Beach
I had no concerns about my safety while in Puerto Aventuras. I loved the beach and its size. This is not a surfing beach. This is a beach for families and their children. It did not just drop off into a bottomless pit. It was shallow very far out and awesome for snorkeling.

Rooms
This hotel is equal to an Embassy Suites in terms of decor and age of hotel. Yes, we requested a double, and received a King with a trundle cot. If you can't live with this thought, then you should not book this resort. The resort does not guarantee you doubles ahead of time. You can request it...but they don't have to guarantee it. However, the value will STILL exceed your brief moment of disappointment because if you have two or more children, one will be sleeping with you.

Your going to be waited on by a large number of staff. I never waited for a table at a restaurant. Their staff has a servants heart, including everyone who cleans up after you in your room, and all the restrooms on the beach, and waits on you at the restaurants, and room service. They say this includes gratuity, and it did. But I personally recommend taking $50 -100 in (singles) and tip all the people who are going to go out of their way to make you comfortable.

I have stayed at plenty of well known 4 star hotel chains in the US, and paid the same amount for room without food. For what you will pay, the value by far will exceed the cost. Period. I just can't emphasize this enough. You flight, transportation to hotel and back, room, food, drinks, alcohol, and entertainment is still an unbelievable value. I spent $350 in excursion, and $40 on taxi to go shopping. Plus $100 in tipping drivers, and all other staff. I could have been content not doing the extra like shopping, since I didn't find anything special and the snorkel tour was nothing more than what I could see directly from the resorts beach.

Sleep Quality
Very comfortable mattresses and pillows. If your a light sleeper, then bring sleeping aid pills or ear plugs. We did not have any bad experience with sound around us. A crying child could be next to you at any resort. I will say the humidity in Mexico is alarming. My husband liked to keep the room AC so low, my clothes were actually lightly damp. Turning up the AC helped..but you would have this problem anywhere.

The Pool & Entertainment
During the day, the family pool got a little crowded, but who cares, the kids all loved it. People will set their towels and never return to their chairs. So what. My husband and I had a 20 min. rule. I would sit in the pool and watch chairs. If nothing but a hotel towel was on it, and no one had been back in 20 mins. we just took them over. Never had one problem with doing this. The day and nigh entertainment for families was awesome. Lots to see and do.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pigtailssouthlake
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Arrived on 7/25 at 11:30. Was told check-in is 3:00 but that our room would be ready by 12:30. Room wasn't ready by 12:30, 1:30 or even 2:30. Was told at 2:30 20 more minutes. Hey, I get that check-in is 3 but if you tell me you're going to have it ready in an hour then I expect it in an hour, not making me and family sit on the beach WAITING for our room. Finally get there and we were told our luggage was already there. Guess what?! NOT! There I go BACK to the lobby asking for it then they have the gall to ask for my baggage ticket. In my fury I forgot all about it and was not about to go trudging back for it. They quickly found out bags tho... The room left a lot to be desired. I cannot help but compare it to Dreams in Tulum which we had visited 3 years ago and that place blew this one clear out of the water. We had no storage in our room for our clothing except the closet with about 6 hangers (there were 3 people in our party) and there was about 3 shelves in the closet with a safe on 1. Our travel reps requested additional storage for us that we never got and I figured I wasn't going to ask for it more than once. Also there was a phone on the bathroom wall that smelled of urine (wonderful smell) and the DVD remote was crusted with some kind of filth. There was no shower curtain for the shower; just a 3 foot wide piece of glass that ran from the ceiling to the top of the tub by the faucet area that I guess was supposed to be some kind of lame barrier for the shower water but it basically did nothing. The water poured out all over the floor and drained by the toilet. We were told this is the 'Mexican way'. Whatever way it was it was disgusting. Who wants to step out of their shower onto a soggy, wet rug to dry off?? YUCK is all I can say. I have a phobia about strange bathrooms to begin with so to have that experience I basically couldn't wait to leave there and come home. I have to laugh at the pictures shown for the hotel. Be warned of course just like with anything else they make it look way more appealing than it is. This is I suppose more geared towards the family experience. Too many little kids running around tho. Also was surprised at the lack of cleanliness when people ordered room service. A number of times I walked by rooms that were near ours and noticed trays of eaten/half-eaten food that sat there for hours. Had we known prior to taking this trip anything about this hotel we would not have picked it and now know not to go there again. Unfortunately this trip was a deal where you pick the destintion but not the resort. This place in my opinion, in no way, deserves any kind of high rating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Great place to get away and relax with family. Pros-great restuarants, food location, service. staff, pools, beach (a little small-but great ambience...lots of shaded areas). Cons-very quiet compared to the hotels at Cancun. little touches such as-Dreams Cancun turn town service leaves chocolates and activities for the next day..Puerto Aventuras Dreams you would nned to go the front desk for the list of activities for the next day. USA newspaper availavle at the Worlds cafe during am. None at Puerto Aventuras. Took avantage of the golf excursion to Riviera Maya Golf Club. Great course-challenging but not hard, Overall, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010