5,385 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patioadult poolfamily pooldreams pabarracuda barsushi restaurantpreferred clubexplorers clubnatural pooldolphin viewcoco cafemarina sidewater showfish tacoskids club
Reviewed October 5, 2009

First, I took the Dreams 6 Apple Square Deal and paid $700 a head for 8 days. That's right, $700 a person. I couldn't get a fleabag motel at the Jersey shore for a week at that price.
The trip to the hotel took nearly 2 hours..a bit long but it was well worth the wait. The hotel itself is located in a marina community and is small and compact making walking a breeze.
The pools were beautiful and warm...being the teperature ranged from 92 to 97 each day with 1 hour of rain the entite time. We chose the adult pool located in the front side of the hotel. It was out of the hustle and bustle of the other pool. Relaxing and pampered to drinks and a waiter to get food for us, the staff couldn't have been kinder.
The hotel was only about 40% full so service was very hands on. Dreams had even closed the Tulum hotel and shipped their people to our hotel and there was still plenty of room.
The resturants were all nice. We ate at the Oceana one night and that was OK...nothing to get excited about. The Italian place was where we found our niche. The fillet was excellent and it was air conditioned. The Seaside for lunch was fine. I had the best grilled chicken breast I've ever had....and good burgers as well. The World Cafe had the average breakfast items...except bacon....my only gripe about the food. Still had to keep pinching myself for paying $700 a head!
Yeah, had a favorite staff member. He was Juan and he was in charge of the World Cafe and Seaside Grill. Met him the first day while he was busting his butt in 95 degree heat while wearing long sleeves and pants...with a vest. For the remainder of the trip he remembered our name with a smile on his face.
The room was nice...and cool....I don't think the AC ever went off.
So, for the VERY few hiccups we had, had no effect on how we felt about the hotel. This is an excellent choice for less than a week at the cruddy Jersey shore.

5  Thank sittinonaraft
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Having travelled to numerous all inclusives in the Riviera Maya area, this is by far the best stay we've had. Food is wonderful, service is the best we've experienced at any all inclusive. No wristbands, no reservations for dinner, ......etc.

You can snorkel right off the property and will see so many fish and interesting sea life. No need to pay for any excursions. Best snorkeling is at the resort. Be sure to take advantate of the free catamaran ride with Charlie, he'll take you out for about 1/2 hour.
Enjoy your stay if youve' booked this resort - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tiblet
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My wife and I are seasoned travelers, including having been to Mexico numerous times. We are subscibers to Zagat, and appreciate good food and service. This resort surpassed our expectations and I would encourage anyone on the fence to book with confidence.
We had a lovely ocean view room on the 6th floor. The room was very nciely furnished with a very comfortable bed, TV, large shower, small couch, and a nice deck with two chairs and a table. Rooms very made up ealry each day and turndown service perrfomed each night. We were never without fresh towels, water, soda, beer or a clean room.
Because the occupancy was low, all the the resort restaurants were not open every evening. There were always at least three open, which were posted daily in the resort newletter and in the elevators, and it never presented a problem for us. Breakfast and lunch were very good to excellent, and dinners the same. I would say the food was as good, if not better, than the last Royal Caribeean cruise we were on.
The service is what distinguishes this resort from other trips we have taken. All employees were very helpful, spoke great English( again we are guests in their country and we feel badly that we don't speak their language as will as they speak ours) and every employee we encountered during our week long stay went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and happy.
Pools were more than adequate, drink service excellent, and the overall condition of the property was excellent. There was plenty of beach, chairsand palapas, and a service staff ready to take your beverage and food orders.
We had looked at other resorts in the area prior to choosing this one, and we're glad we didn't spend the extra $500 or more to book elsewhere. There is no way we could have enjoyed ourselves or the other hotels anymore than we did Dreams, which would have been money out the window.
We would return to this property in a heartbeat! I encourage you too book it and to sit back, relax, and enjoy what this resort and it's employees have to offer. Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

5  Thank lefthanded1
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We chose this hotel because it was quaint, but still had good food choices and it was close to the marina with shops. We had an amazing time! We really enjoyed the food, we aren't picky eaters, but it seems like they have something for everyone. All of the restaurants weren't open all the time because it is a really slow time; however, every morning they had a list of restaurants for each meal and activities that were going on throughout the day which was posted in every elevator. Our room was wonderful, comfortable bed, AC worked great, we had a wonderful view. The staff is what makes this place, they were amazing! My husband had a great time playing ping pong with Giovanni, and we had many games of pool volleyball with Francisco. Even though this resort is geared towards families, there were a lot of younger couples there. We met some great people! There isn't much "night life" at this resort, but if you go and hang out at Desires, you are sure to find fun. I think people who complain about this resort just don't know how to relax and have fun. Your vacation is what you make of it, no matter where you stay I'm sure there are things everyone would change, BUT you're on vacation - just lay in the sun, enjoy the drinks and have a good time! We had nothing but a positive experience with this hotel/staff and would definitely go back!

2  Thank dmariemoser
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I just got back from a 7 night stay at this Dreams. Now going in to this we had selected the Apple Square Deal which would have put us at any 6 star resort at this area, so we really had no idea where we would end up but because it was cheap we were willing to take a chance. That being said, this place is really nice but no where near a 6 star resort. I have traveled to Mexico many times and have really enjoyed my stays but when someplace has a six apple rating from Apple I really did expect the BEST.

To start, we were arriving as a honeymoon couple. This was recorded in the remarks by the agent. When checking in, the front desk made a big deal out of letting us have our room two hours early...the room 314 had no view but we decided to stay and ask them the next day for a replacement as the resort was less than half filled we were bothered with the terrible view. Now we are not spring chickens, being in our 50's...so a quiet room was also asked for.......well, at 10:30 when we were happily tucked into our beds....the room came alive with LOUD DISCO MUSIC......the front desk put us right over the disco.....we couldn't even hear ourselves talk!!!! Called the front desk and while they were very polite, but cool, about changing our room, we still had to repack, get dressed and walk to the other side of the resort where we got a new room without working air conditioning....but we were exhaused and took it........now in the morning the front desk didn't want to move us right away and insisted on having a repair guy look at the AC. Well after several hours it was agreed to move us. Room 534 was great with a million dollar view. If you go make sure you get a higher floor and avoid at all costs the area near the disco if you want to sleep.

Now with my travels from Mexico over the years I have found that many of these resorts excel at Mexican cooking.....in fact Dreams had a Mexican Fiest around the pool area that was REALLY GOOD.....lovely meal.....on the other hand while the staff at all the eating places were absolutely lovely in their service, the food was lacking....presentation of the food was excellent but the food didn't taste right. So avoid the fancy stuff, anything to do with beef was poor but the chicken dishes and pork were very good and stick with the hearty Mexican fare and it will not steer you wrong. We loved the fish tacos on the seaside resturant. Now both my husband and I did get sick eating only at the resort which surprised me but we were ready with our doctors order of Xifenxan which cleared everything up in less than 24 hours.

Now the canal side of the resort is much quieter if thats what you are looking for but the view and all activity is on the ocean side. The pool bar on ocean side can get loud but it shuts down by eight so no problem there. As per the room, since we saw three of them, I would recommend looking at the room first and testing the AC before taking your bags up.....wish we would have done that. Room do vary as to the bathroom. Rooms are well appointed and they do have turndown service in the evening which clears the room of towels and get the bed freshened.

I think the front desk of this hotel needs more work but aside from that I felt every employee was so nice and actually made us feel spoiled and extremely welcome. Look at your room, enjoy the Mexican food and avoid if you like to walk the beach as this place is located on a cove. Also this place had two small pools, not what I was used to at some of the Mexican resorts. One pool is adult only on the canal side and another on the ocean side. Would have like bigger pools after all it is a sun and swim location.

Final thing that bugged me is that they want you to fill out a servay right as you check out as the front clerk watches you. I asked if I could have one to mail and was refused so I'm not sure what uselful information Dreams will get while a front desk clerk is staring you down while filling it out.

3  Thank GreyhoundJean