Having never been to an all inclusive resort or to Mexico for that matter, we didn't really have a whole lot of expectations. We just wanted a nice family resort where we could all enjoy some fun in the sun. The property is very intimate. If you're looking for a resort with miles of beach front and 7 pools and 27 restaurants this one is not for you. If you're looking for a wild time with crazy nightlife, then we don't recommend this resort. If you're looking for a family focused resort with a great staff and very reasonable food we would absolutely recommend this property. Our 8 and 12 year old had the time of their lives. There were plenty of activities for all concerned - from beach volleyball to spanish lessons to cooking lessons and towel art, there was always an activity to take part in if you want a break from the sun and the surf.
The staff was exceptional. These folks work very hard. Most make about $5 a day so we strongly urge you to tip. They really appreciate the gesture and they certainly remember you the next time you come in for a meal or order room service.
As mentioned, the property isn't huge but in our view it was plenty big enough and it was really convienient if you had to run back to your room if you forgot something. The beach was beautiful. Yes, it was a little rocky but it was great to swim in because they had breakers out in the water which minimized some of the surf. The pool was great but if you want a chair you had better get there early to mark your spot as they get quickly gobbled up. Same applies for the beach.
The food: Porto Fino - FANTASTIC! It's Italian food and it was exceptional. We're "foodies" and we know good quality food when we taste it. We would recommend the filet, the veal and any of the pastas. The atmosphere at Porto Fino is wonderful and you can sit outside watching the Carribbean Sea lapping at the shore.
Seaside Grill - Very Good. T-bone steak, flank steak and ribs and grilled barbecue chicken ranch salad were all very well prepared.
Buffet - great for breakfast; dinner it was just average. They don't have a huge selection but enough to keep most people satisfied. Here's a tip: if you're by the beach or the pool, you can order food from the wait staff and they'll bring it right to you. You can also order from the Seaside Grill (they have a really good lunch menu) and they'll also bring it to you. Never tried the Mexican restuarant or the Sushi place, heard both establishments were just average.
Drinks - plenty of options and they don't water anything down. If you receive the $200 resort credit, we would recommend you use the coupons to upgrade your wine selections at dinner. You can use $40 at a time. The resort does offer plenty of free wine but it's not that great in our view and we had some fantastic wine using the coupons.
The rooms were beautiful and were kept very clean. Our balcony overlooked the ocean and it was wonderful just sitting there looking out over the property. Only complaint was the mini-bar wasn't stocked all that regularily. When we arrived, each fridge (we had two rooms) had 5 or 6 beers, some juices, water and some cold pop. We had to ask several times to have staff re-stock the fridge before it was replenished.
Overall, we would highly recommend this hotel. In our view it was great value and while it could have been better in some areas, the total experience was beyond our expectations. If you have a family and are looking for a safe and friendly resort, Dreams delivers 100 percent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico