I read various reviews on this resort before selecting this Dreams location. It used to be the Sundial Resort and Dreams purchased it. Our family of four included two kids 8 and 11 (boy and girl) who didn't want to leave. We were there for 6 nights. The resort is part of a group of properties located within the marina area. A dolphin pool and many little shops and restraunts were within walking distance.
First, the property itself. It's clean, elegant without being too formal, the rooms remind me of a spa. Slippers and robes were provided. The beach is perfect. It's like a little cove so when it's windy the waves aren't a problem. My 8 year old could climb on the iceburg (inflatable rockclimbing) or water trampoline in the water and could safely stand when she jumped off. Basically, both the pools and beach were perfect for the kids - not too deep for kids and just fine for us adults. The family area had a huge, slightly warm hot tub that was the size of 4 typical hot tubs. I personally loved it! Also a hint, bring bread, stand in the ocean, and within seconds fish are surrounding you! Awesome!
Second, the entertainment for both adults and children were amazing. Neither of my children once said they were bored. If you have kids, you get how this is a compliment! My 11 year old son WANTED to go in the kids club during dinner to play with his friends. He's usually too cool for "kid club." They had Wii, the internet, and whatever else keeps an 11 year old happy. My 8 year old daughter also loved the kid club and resort. The entertainment was great, but in between organized basketball, beach football, water aerobics, kid fashion show on the beach, movies on the beach at night, and rock band at night, the kids had plenty of kids to play with. My kids don't usually join kids they don't know, but everyone was so friendly they had friends within the first day of arriving. My son hung around the basketball court by the pool and never went without a group of kids his age to play with.
The staff was helpful and polite - always willing to make sure you were enjoying your stay. We've been to this area 3 times and the staff at each resort has always been good, but the people working at Dreams stood out as being much more welcoming and accomodating. Housekeeping was always prompt, came twice a day to change towels, clean up, and make up or turn down the beds. The staff also was attentive to the children. If my son went to the bar by the family pool, they were always promptly waited on and met with a smile.
The food was good. Sometimes is was really, really excellent, but it was always good. The buffet selection changed so you didn't see the same stuff all week. The speciality restraunts were also good. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the food was an 8. Roomservice and mini bar in the room was convenient and included in the all inclusive!
As far as our room, we had a beautiful basic room on the 6th floor facing the marina. A great view, overlooking the quiet adult pool, bar, and restaurant.
We had a great time watching our kids play, talking to other parents, and relaxing! The resort is just the right size so that you could always keep an eye on your children.
As for some of the complaints others have written, I disagree. No, not everything is perfect all the time. However, I'm very particular. If housekeeping doesn't come, the room is dirty, the staff is rude, or the kid's club is lame, I am the first one to notice. So, be assured that this resort is worth the expense and week of my life!
We stayed at the Catalonia in the same marina two years ago. The Dreams Resort was much better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico