Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Beachfront
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$311
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$311
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$395
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Pool
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$388
$208
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$507
Official Site
$310
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
5,193 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patioadult poolfamily pooldreams pabarracuda barsushi restaurantpreferred clubexplorers clubdolphin viewnatural poolcoco cafemarina sidewater showfish tacoskids club
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I had to write this review. My husband and I got married in May and didn't get a chance to take our honeymoon until now and the previous negative reviews made me sweat bullets that we had wasted our money before we even made it to Mexico!

Let me tell what an amazing resort they have compaired to the four other all inclusives we have visited in Punta Cana- Dominican Republic, Ixtapa-Mexico, Ocho Rios- Jamacia, and Huctoloc-Mexico) . For our next vacation destination we will book a Dreams vacation again! I can't go back to a regular all-inclusive again.

We booked though apple vacations- doing the Dreams Square deal, so we were unable to pick the type of room we got...we litteral should have gotten what ever they had leftover. Upon arrival Dreams had already upgraded our room from 1st to second floor. When I simply asked what it would cost to have a higher floor with an ocean view, Victor at the desk, was more than happy to talk to manager and negoiate a lower price for us!

Spend the money, and get the ocean view!!!! What a view, we loved to sit out on the patio each morning and read the paper after breakfast. The Miami Herald- Cancun Edition is Free and available at the concierge.

The hotel staff was more than accomidating...they were perfect. What ever you asked for you got.

NO wrist bands!
NO stupid towel cards!
Twice a day maid service- we never ever ran out of big fluffy white towels. Now please note the all of the staff (maid and mini bar guy etc.) completely respects the DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door so if it is on....they will not even knock. There are a lot of honeymooners or napping children. There was one day our room was occupied during the regular maid time all I had to do was ask and housekeeping came up to clean while we were at dinner. I think they do the turn down service while you are at dinnner, they ask for your room number before you are seated at any restarunat and when you get back your turndown is done- and dirty towels are exchanged for clean ones.

Room service! They would bring what ever i asked, never more than a 30 minute wait and they would never questions the 6 bottles of Coke Light we drank a day or the fact that i wanted yellow apples, not red ones.

If you don't want to be around kids even in the world cafe (the buffett) just ask and they will seat you away from families! We really can't stand being around children so we found the adult only pool very nice and quite as well as the beach area by the Baracuda bar. A couple of kids came by to swim in the lagoon but left shortly thereafter. The kids club keeps them to the pool and play ground! The only thing you have to watch out for is parents that can't handel there brood or refuse to acknowledge a crying child. This you can't avoid, but an evil star helps remind the parents there child is annoying and fixes it quickly.

Who ever complains about the large showers forgets the possiblity for enjoyment of two! It also made it really easy to clean up our stuff full of sand from at the beach.

The beds- large, soft, eurotop mattress....white linens...heaven.
Big, white robes and slipper! What luxurey.

The food was amazing! Other all inclusives limit your a la cart dinning to a few times a trip...we ate at the nice restaraunts 6 out of the 7 nights (one night we ate a 2!) No reservations....we found the best time to get there was right when they would open.
Don't waste your calories on pizza and burgers, eat the fresh sea food and wonderful assortment of always fresh produce. We are health food junkies and it was so easy to get quality and fresh fruits, vegeatables, cheese, milk etc. The breakfast buffet had an egg station and at dinner there is a guy cooking up fresh flank steak and chicken brest -if your palate requires something more plain. Eat the salmon and mixed grill at Oceana- oh and their appitzer of muscles/clams was great. Seaside was perfect for lunch- get the fish tacos, flank steak, salmon, or chicken for lunch. Portifino had amazing sea scallops and grilled shrimp as well as lasagana! Oh....if you want something they don't have out that day...just ask! They will wrap up food, they found me apples to take to my room, dug out peaches! What ever I asked they were super nice about finding. However, please use the words, please and thank you! They are international- no translation necessary! The staff really did a great job.

We did the gym all 6 days we were there, all of the equipment is new (life fitness) and for the size well done. There is a quatliy bench and dumbells up to 50lbs we got great work outs in each day.

Do the yoga! It was so peaceful to hear the ocean waves while relaxing in the poses. My husband even liked it.

Lastly the resort was super clean! Every monring they 'mow' the sand and power wash the deck, plus trash is picked up on a regular basis.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, we really had a wonderful time at this resort. Puerto Aventuras is a great place to vacation and did a great job of allowing us to feel safe while in a forgein country.

• Check in / front desk
12  Thank Missacl
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We just returned from a week at Dreams PuertoAventuras that I will never forget. We arrived in the middle of the Super Bowel Party and things only got better from then onwards. This was the first family vacation outside Canada and we wanted a resort that would be family friendly. The previous reviews made us a tad nervous but the families seemed happy so we crossed our fingers and booked at Dreams. My husband and I had stayed at another large resort 4 years ago and I felt it wasn't "kid friendly" enough so I wanted to look for something different. Dreams Puerto Aventuras is the perfect place to take your family if you have younger children. Our kids were 9 and 11 and we went with people who had a 8 and 10 year old kids. We didn't need to have our eyes on the children 24/7. It felt like a safe place which made everything so nice. There are lots of things to keep the kids busy; climbing wall in the water, water trampoline, bingo, bungi jumping , all ages soccer games and fabulous empoyees to help keep everyone happy. My daughter just said one word describes it all "amazing".
This resort is still working out some bugs but they are trying so hard and that is what counts. All the employees are super friendly and will do what ever they can to get you what you want. One night one of the kids wanted ice cream for dessert. They didn't have any at the buffet that night so he went over to the Italian resturant and got a specail order just because he asked.
If you are looking for a resort with world class food and
quiet relaxationthis may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a great place to take your family, relax and enjoy the Mayan Riverera this is your place. We would come back in an instant.
Forgive my typing and spelling it has been a long day getting back to the real world,wish I was at Dreams again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank sunseaker52
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Just returned from a one week stay with husband and friends. Very nice clean rooms with modern decor and the best beds, pillows and duvets. I haven't got ONE complaint to offer. No reservations at the 4 resturants, the resort was full capacity and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seated. Food was great, booze was premium, service - top notch. 24 hour room service, no charge. Beach is small for beach walkers not what you would want but snorkelling was great, lots of big fish and morey eel!! Love walking to the marina to watch the dolphin encounter. You can shop at the stores and stop for a drink in the bar/restaurants. Great little community. Didn't really notice the kids, the marina side is for adults only if you want to get away from the music and few children that are there. Would definetly go back!

4  Thank solittletime
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I really enjoyed the Dreams Puerto Aventuras hotel. I went with my husband and we do not have children, however the kids were great and did not bother us at all. We had a marina view room and it was very nice, however I did see a glimpse of the ocean view rooms and I would book one next time because the views were breathtaking. Overall I thought the food was pretty tastey, especially the sea side grill. I woud recomend this hotel in a second I have stayed at other all inclusives and this one was my favorite. The staff was excellent, the first night our fridge did not work and they came right up to our room and replaced it with a new one. I also used the gym and the equipment was very good, elipticals, treadmills, and stationary bikes, free weights etc.

5  Thank laurenTexas
Reviewed February 4, 2009

A work associate and I stayed there from Jan 28th to Feb 2nd. I stayed at this Resort 3-4 years ago wth my wife when it was a Sunscape Resort. The recent remodel is nice.
When we checked in the room wasn't ready so we went for some lunch and beverages.
ROOMS: They are nice , always kept clean and the mini fridge was always stocked
POOL : Great group of people were met and other than the kids running all over it was good too
FOOD : Only had 1 bad meal / steak at El Patio
LIQOUR : NO complaints
STAFF : Bell hop FRANCISCO was great / HECTOR & CESAR at the pool were HILARIOUS
GO TO : the Tequila tasting in the aftenoon in El Patio, visit the nearby marina and be sure to go 5th ave in town and check out TEQUILA BARREL BAR
OVERALL We had what we were looking for A FEW GREAT DAYS AWAY FROM THE OFFICE & WE GOT THEM !!!!
Book it you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends