Dreams has just about everything you need for a good holiday and is ideal for families. The staff are absolutely excellent and extremely polite; although I did have one issue that merits comment. On arrival we found our American style did not always flush completely. We informed reception early morning and they said it would be fixed. As it had not been sorted by the end of the day I mentioned it again to reception that evening. This time the receptionist said we should not be putting toilet paper down the toilet bowl !! I was very surprised as I have never encountered this before in other Mexican hotels. Anyway, he said it would be fixed. By the end of the following day it had still not been dealt with so I asked to speak to a manager. I was lead to a concierge, (Ingrid) who apologised that it had not being fixed and assured me she would take personal responsibility. But she also said paper should not be put in the bowl. This time I queried it with her saying that there were no signs to this effect in the bathroom, so how were guests supposed to know? She said she would speak to management about signs and also stated that the bin in the bathroom was for toilet paper. I could not believe this at it was an open bin, without a lid. One can only imagine how unhygienic and smelly this would be. Well, once again I found the problem had not been fixed so the following morning I spoke to Osirus, another concierge in strong terms and he came with me to see the problem. Within 2 hours the problem had been cured. We continued to put paper down the toilet for the rest of our stay and never had any problems. Perhaps the hotel management should comment here on whether it is their policy to ask guests to not put toilet paper in the bowl. And if it is policy then perhaps theyshould put up signs and provide bins with lids.
Apart from this issue our weeks stay was enjoyable. The fillet mignon in the Portofino was the best steak I've had outside of Kobe beef I had whilst in Japan. It was just melt in the mouth. The hotel is situated on a small, sandy bay and is fine for children as it does not get too deep due to broken coral further out. There is an adults-only pool for those wanting some quiet. The rooms are well appointed and we had a great view overlooking the adults pool and dolphin encounter area. As stated already, the best thing about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff.
Finding somewhere for a pre-dinner drink was a problem. They have an inside bar which is in desperate needed of a make-over and has TV's blaring out loud music. But, being in a warm country I'd like to sit outside and enjoy a cocktail. But there is just nowhere to go. Both pools have swim up bars, (no good in the evening). One has a few bar stools. The Barracuda bar has a few more, plus some swings and chairs. However these are unsuitable as the cushions are invariably wet from use by swimmers during the day. None of the restaurants have bar areas either. Occasionally there were some chairs near the Oceana restaurant, but only if left over from a function during the day.
On the whole, not a bad place but not the best. I guess you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico