My wife and I use these reviews all the time so I am going to write this review as honestly as possible. My wife and I are 37 with no kids and this was our first vacation. There was good and bad with this trip. I'll start with the bad. When we arrived in Cancun it was raining and windy. We arrived at our hotel about 12:00. when we got there we were told that our name was not on the list. We used Cheapcaribbean/Olympus Tours. We were also told our room would not be ready until 3:00 but we were welcome to enter the resort and eat/drink and use the beach/pool and all facilities while we waited. We went back to check in at 3:00 and was told our room was almost ready. We waited until 4:15 and when we got to our oceanfront room, our balcony view was horrible. We couldn't even see the ocean because our view was blocked by the tops of palm trees. We were very disappointed. We even considered and pursued switching to a different hotel. The hotel was gloomy and our room and the hotel appeared neglected. There were renovations going on that were loud at times and our robes were worn and stained.
We complained to our Olympus Tours representative Yair at the desk. He was patient and listened to our complaints and did everything he could to help.
SO... the following day we were given a better room on the 6th. floor that was much cleaner with an awesome view of the entire ocean. A day or two later the rains stopped and the sun came out. We then found out that the hotel was not neglected by Dreams but had been recently purchased by Dreams and they were renovating to upgrade the facility.
The rest of our week was AWESOME! The food was great, the service was excellent. Everybody, including all the employees, the wait staff, chefs ,room service, maids are the friendliest people you'll ever meet. And the entertainment team did an awesome job with all the events. They're mission is honestly to be as polite, courteous, and helpful as possible. They are all awesome people and I think the people there are what made our vacation so beautiful. It was so nice having Yair from Olympus Tours to go to. We never felt stranded. It was very reassuring. They had events during the day and at night. The hotel at night is beautiful. The beach is a little small but after a few days we realized we were in our personal secluded slice of paradise.
Looking back I think our first impression was bad. We were tired and it was raining.
Bottom line, this place is awesome. We are already planning our next trip and I will be using Cheapcaribbean and a hotel in the AMRESORTS chain. They do everything possible to make your vacation the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico