Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$238
$191
  • Beachfront
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$360
$174
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
$233
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$196
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$129
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$400
$333
Bookit.com
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$459
$349
$501
  • Pool
5,130 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patioadult pooldreams pafamily poolbarracuda barsushi restaurantpreferred clubexplorers clubnatural pooldolphin viewcoco cafewater trampolinemarina sidewater showfish tacos
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently returned from a two week stay at Dreams. The staff are wonderful, always friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The location is really good and we all felt very safe, all the time. The children, aged 10 and 12 spent nearly all their time in the pool, while we relaxed on the beach, with the very friendly staff constantly coming around to see if we wanted drinks. The entertainment staff provided various activities during the day, water aerobics, sandcastle building competitions and crazy games in the pool to name a few. Where do they get their energy from, Israel, Carlos and Daisy you and your colleagues are wonderful. Armondo in the seaside grill who always remembered us and made us feel very welcome and all the staff at the world cafe, thank you for making it such a marvellous holiday. The only minor 'moans' not really a complaint is that the first room I was in, 329, must be one of the noisiest in the hotel, it is right above the reception. However after complaining I was moved to a much quieter room. Also a change of deserts in the world cafe would have made a nice change. The only option seemed to be cake. The location is wonderful, dolphins and manatees on your doorstep and the walks to the nearby marina to look around the shops were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms 329, 327, 325 or 323 unless you like staying up until 2 am every morning. They are right above reception and everyone seems to gather there from the desires bar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback following your recent family holiday with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves and that your boys had so much fun in the pool whilst you were able to enjoy the beach.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team, especially our entertainment staff, who will be glad to hear that they were able to assist you and entertain you during you holiday.

Your feedback regarding the room noise levels and variety of desserts available in the buffet have been shared with the involved departments in order to be reviewed and where necessary improved. We truly apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in these areas.

Once again, thank you for sharing such wonderful comments with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again soon for another family holiday here with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just came back from Dreams which is rated a 6 golden star, I would give it a 5 star not golden. The service was great, everyone had a smile and took care of you. They had 6 restaurants available but they were not all open at the same time. Two to three were always closed and the other ones had very limited menus except the buffet and that was just plain horrible. It was either one restaurant or buffet for lunch.
The beach was great for kids, but if you like to walk the beach forget it you can not get around all the rocks. That was a big disappointment for us. It takes about one hour and 15 minutes just to get from the airport, and when we arrived the check in was very smooth,, to our room, which was very nice, had a balcony. So there are good and bad to this resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris1184

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your overview on your stay with us. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

We appreciate the kind comments made regarding the levels of service received and the friendliness of our staff. We truly apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in all aspects of your stay.

We are concerned that you felt that there were not enough options for dining available and that the food offered within our buffet was of poor quality. Our restaurants are open on a rotation basis and our daily newsletter does detail which restaurants are open on each particular day. Please rest assured that your comments regarding the quality and variety of the food available have been shared with both our head chef as well as our food & beverage manager in order to addressed and and where necessary improved.

Once again, thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and achieve ultimate guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and we are sure that we will exceed your expectations in all aspects of your next stay.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at this Dreams resort. From check in to check out every employee we encountered was warm, welcoming, humorous and totally professional. I would especially like to mention Juan, the host at the World Cafe. What a sweet heart! Also, Abed and Victor at the Oceana Restaurant made our dinner there the most memorable aspect of my trip. Victor gave us a hypnotic presentation of Mayan Cafe Flambe. It was intoxicating!... and not just because of the three different liquors that go into it! The fire, the smoldering glances in my direction, the sexy/funny conversation that went along with it! He had me at Hola!

My room was immaculate. Every luxury is anticipated. I didn't need to ask for anything. I felt like a princess... clean sheets and towels every day... wonderful mattress, comfortable pillows.

The food is wonderful too. There are some really good restaurants to choose from, as well as the World Cafe, which is set up all day long for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets.

The beach is nice, although not the best beach I've ever been on, but that may be due to the fact that the water was a little rough at the time I was there. I did manage to snorkel right off the beach and there are some great things to see down there. The beach drink service is top notch! The pools were clean and beautiful. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach and by the pool, as well as clean towels. Also, I found it very easy to find a shady spot on the beach when I'd had enough dazzling sun!

I would highly recommend this resort mostly for the people who work there. They are it's most precious asset.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank HelenStach

Dear Guest,

Feedback such as yours serves as true inspiration to our team as we constantly strive to maintain the high levels of service and quality that we are known for. It is always a pleasure for us to hear when our guests have the chance to experience the friendliness and expertise of our staff. We truly appreciate the time taken to share such wonderful comments with us and for your recommendation.

We truly hope to be able to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Travelled to this resort for a family wedding. Room was on bottom level ( walk-out) and smelled overly dank and musty from the minute the door was opened.The bed, couch etc. were wet, not just damp.There was constant repair work of some kind being done in hallway for the majority of stay. After trip to the doctor , diagnosed with bronchial and lung infection,and antibiotics, I requested a new room so that I may open patio doors and not run airconditioning. The front desk manager informed me I must have a problem with the mold ! It was obvious they knew they had a problem ! Over 24 hours later I finally received a new room. Once I returned home and my health improved, I sent a letter containing my concerns and detailing the problems I encountered to the hotel management. I have never received a response....Would not recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lower floors of this hotel.Too smelly and noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cashmom
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor following you recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are extremely concerned after reading the allegations made within your review. Unfortunately we have no record of the letter you mentioned that you sent to our management team. It was by no means our intention for you to feel that we were not addressing your concerns. This is certainly not in keeping with how we treat out guests and we would appreciate it if you could contact us directly so that we may have the chance to investigate your claims and discuss your experience further.

We are truly sorry for any bad impressions that were caused during your time here with us.

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I went to riviera maya on a six apple square deal. Did not know the resort
we were staying at till we got to the airport. We did this once before to Punta Cana and had
gotten Dreams Punta Cana, which was great.
Before we went I called Apple to see what type of resorts we would be staying at. They gave
me a list of great resorts, so we were excited with the choices we were given.
We got a non-stop transfer to our resort from the airport, which took about an hour. This was
fine with us.
When we got to the lobby to check in, we noticed it was nice but small with no lobby bar.
We then walked to the buffet for lunch until our room was ready.
I was surprised to see how compact the resort was. I was used to a much larger resort.
Although compact, it was very nice.
We met some wonderful people and had a great time.
The room was very nice. Lots of room in the bathroom and we had a great view overlooking
the adult pool and the dolphin marina which was nice. A must see!
The entertainment team was great and friendly. The bartenders and restaurant servers
were very friendly and attentive.
The beach was o.k. Water very rocky. Nice for snorkeling. Pools and grounds kept spotless.
There were a lot of families with children. So much to do for kids. The entertainment team
kept them very busy. If you are looking for a great familly vacation, this is the place for you.
The food was good, but very repetitive. Specialty restaurants were good, and the only places
you could get steak. Seafood was very limited. Lobster was not on the menu, unless you
paid extra for it. If you like fish, chicken and pork, eat at the buffet. Hamburgers plentiful.
All in all we had a great vacation and met some wonderful people.
Watch out for the Dreams Tulum Sales Staff. They are a royal pain.!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank paula w
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share this review with us here on TripAdvisor following your recent vacation at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us however we are concerned that we were not able to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Please rest assured that all of your comments, both positive and negative, have been shared with the involved departments in order to be addressed and improved. As professionals within the service industry we know that our guests feedback is the key to success!

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future and we are confident that on any future stay we will be able to exceed your expectations.