Where do I begin? A group of 38 people went for our wedding November 3rd and had a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and reception. I would NOT change one thing about that day! Jacki dealt with me almost every week (sometimes every day for a while) To make our day perfect. She never got frustrated with me and always replied back to me fast with all the information I needed. She made me feel so calm and just told me to relax and enjoy and its her job to take care of everything. We had glow necklaces and she stood there and handed them out while she was doing another reception down the beach. Everytime i turned to look for her she was right there asking if i need anything. I told her I wish I worked with her because I respect her so much. Her assistant, Isabelle is wonderful too! I am in the customer service industry and i LOVE that both Jacki and Isabelle remember your name (Which i guess Jacki would after a year) but I like when they would see me days later and its always "Hi Kylie, hows it going?"
Rebbecca is another one. She is in the Concierge department and also on facebook. After a year of her assisting all of my questions she came down to the pool to find me one day to say hi. That is a class act lady! Very nice, keeps everything going at the resort on the marketing side of things and never got frustrated with me either :)
With that note....the staff was WONDERFUL! The first day we were there we had "Noe" as our server at the pool. He told us it was his first day and you would NEVER known that because of how amazing he was. We got to know him after the 10 days and tried to take care of him especially knowing him and his wife have a new baby on the way!
"Fabian" was wonderful as well! We loved him the whole time we were there and was always right there if we needed ANYTHING!
On the NOT so positive note: (which still isnt bad)
Entertainment: The staff was wonderful and if we needed anything (Like a Nebraska football game on) they would play it for us. They also did a little "show" for my husband and I at the disco for the bachelorette/ bachelor party day. I just wish they did more around the pool! I went to a resort once where it was music and entertainment all day long by the pool. That was a little quiet for me!
Food: I thought with the quality of the hotel the food would be better. The Portofino (italian) was the best on the resort(Wish i had it right now)! THe soups are to die for! Then i would say Sushi or the Mexican Place. I did NOT like the buffet at all but the best part about it was the bacon and bagels in mornings. I lived off that part. The Seaside grill was okay....I never hated it! Club sandwhich from the room service is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the honeymoon suite would have been bigger but it was still very nice. We actually moved to my parents room when they checked out because that is by far the BEST room in the place!!!!! 744 :) and we had a very odd roomate that didnt leave her room for days and then complained when we were just talking next door in the room or even on the balcony.But that wasnt the resorts fault. Actually they took care of it right away and offered to move us!
BIGGEST COMPLAINT: It makes me SICK that guests do not tip! That staff works their butt off and will do anything for anyone and will run around the resort to find the perfect nachos for me (NUMEROUS times a day)! People think since its a "all inclusive" resort they dont need to bring money! I wanted to walk around and tell people how rude they are. We spent almost 500 bucks on tipping alone!!!! (between my husband and I)These people live off tips i heard, the least you can do is help them out! We gave Noe and Fabian 20 bucks when we left (on top of tipping EVERY SINGLE time they came to us with a drink) and they hugged us and had tears in their eyes and thanked us for everything. I wish I could have done more!!!!
Beach was perfect...pool water was a little cold but loved the pools!...Our favorite place to be was Baracudda bar! Our group was there majority of the afternoons and nights!!!! No one ever goes there either so we had it to ourself....loved it!
I honestly, had tears when I left because of the people there that made us feel at home. My favorite thing about going to Mexico is trying new resorts but I WILL be back to Dreams and when I do I cant wait to see everyone!
BRIDES: contact me if you have any questions or advice!!!!!!!!!!!! This helped me a ton when I was planning! Also, add me on facebook to see my pictures. We took over 2,000 Pictures!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico