We just returned from a week at Dreams PA and had a great vacation. This resort was recommended by our travel agent for its size. My husband couldn't travel with us so I wanted a smaller resort so I didn't spend my whole trip looking for my boys at a mega resort. Dreams PA was perfect for this. If I forgot something in my room, it took just a few minutes and I was back relaxing on my beach chair.
The staff at the resort was the best I've ever encountered. Everyone greeted you with a smile and many remembered your name. The pool/beach service was the best. The servers remembered your drink favorites and bent over backwards for you. The same applied to the food servers. Any request was answered promptly. We loved the fact that no reservations were required at the restaurants. Some nights we ate early, others late. We also thought the 24/7 room service was outstanding. My boys loved the chicken fingers and wings. We never waited more than 20 minutes for room service and always tipped everyone as they work so hard to make you happy.
The room we had was spacious and clean. We overlooked the marina side which was very quiet at night. We had one issue with the room but maintenance showed up promptly and resolved it.
We were pretty wiped out from the sun most nights but did manage to make it to a few shows. They were great especially the Fire and Water beach show. There were not a lot of activities for teens at night. My oldest was old enough to hang out in the sports bar but we were usually asleep by 11 each night.
The beach was small but I liked the fact that the resort was set in a cove which was protected by a reef. Two of our days at the resort had unusually high waves and rip currents. We were still able to swim and the lifeguards did a great job keeping everyone in the safe areas. The water trampoline and iceburg slide got lots of use by children & adults!! The snorkeling in the cove was great. We saw lots of fish and people feed them bread so you have lots of opportunities to see them.
We LOVED the little town Puerto Aventuras which was a short walk from the resort. We felt so safe in this town since it is a gated community with guards at the entrance. There is a dolphin/manatee habitat there and you can pay to swim with the dolphins. There are a lot of little shops and restaurants. There was even a skatepark near the entrance which my youngest took advantage of since he brought his longboard along for the trip.
We took one outside trip to the Tulum ruins and Xel-Ha waterpark. We booked through AmStar in the resort lobby and it was the boys favorite part of the trip. We had a great tour guide and a nice coach bus. The snorkeling at Xel-Ha was amazing. Older kids would love this park.
I wish I would've brought my boys here when they were younger. I saw such a great kids club run at this resort. The staff always had activities for the younger kids. I saw several kids who had made friends by the end of their trip. I've already recommended this resort to my sisters who have younger kids due to the great kids club I saw.
Overall I thought this was a great resort due to its size and amazing staff. I would even consider visiting again with girlfriends since I didn't get to use the spa. It would be a fun place to spend a long weekend getting pampered! We met so many nice guests and it felt so family like. Can't wait to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico