“Real addictive Italian Gelato… with some Mexican flavors”
Review of Aventura Gelato

Aventura Gelato
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Aventura Gelato is born from the passion and tradition for the GELATO ARTIGIANALE ITALIANO. Andrea Zavatta, was born in the world's capital of the Gelato, the city of Rimini, Italy, from a family of bakers and Chefs and has a single and absolute obsession: QUALITY. Our Gelato is made with tradition, innovation, and emotion. Our gelato and Sorbetto is made in compliance with the strictest Italian traditions, under the supervision of our Master Gelataio. The choice of the best ingredients has a role in the foreground: Our Gelato is made exclusively with fresh milk, a moderate use of fresh cream in order to obtain the lowest possible amount of fat and calories, cane sugar, carob powder as noble thickener, and ingredients of the first quality as well as the selection of the best cocoas and vanilla blends of all over the world. Our most famous flavors are: Banana Split, Oreo, Key Lime Pie, Coccata amongst others and which already are proof of our reputation. Our sorbets are made with a large amount of fresh fruit (50% of the recipe), water and sugar; any type of artificial flavoring and coloring are banned as a basic condition of our elaboration process. The quality of the fruit is essential; the election has been carefully selected according to the season and to the best quality available in the market and by choosing it personally. As a result, the best flavors such as Mango Manila, Pineapple Honey, Lemon Basil, red tuna, yellow plum among many others. You are our day-to-day inspiration and would love to surprise you and get a smile from you!
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I’m a Mexican who travels from time to time to Playa del Carmen and Puerto Aventuras and I always come back to AVENTURA GELATO!!!... It is a nice, clean and friendly handcraft Italian Gelato shop, owned by an Italian guy and staffed by a very nice and friendly Italian girl! She is so nice and friendly that you feel like she is always trying to make your day much better!!

Let say that you have the service all we dream from an Italian service (and very different from what we have in Rome!)

The lady that make the ice-cream, I believe she is Uruguayan, is also a very nice person and very hard worker, you can see her trough a window behind the counter, cooking the ice-cream (very interesting), and the Italian Gelato that she makes is just an amazing finding!... immediately you realize you are talking about real Italian Gelato, with all natural ingredients and always fresh, but the real surprise is to discover that, actually, it is a mix between Italian quality and flavors such as Tiramisu and Nutella and local Mexican flavors such as Tuna and Banana!!... well, now that I think about, my favorite is Key Lime Pie, which is not Mexican nor Italian, but I love it!! You really feel like you are having a piece of Pie!

Prices are normal for a good Gelato, the pace is clean and all furniture is new, you get free wifi and of course the coffe is illy, so can also have a decent expresso, which is difficult to find!!!

1  Thank BrunoPadilla

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in Puerto Aventuras these past two weeks. There is lots to do, and many places to eat.

Aventuras Gelato is a delight. Fresh everyday and the Gelato lady is fabulous. Hard working and very good at her job.

The place is spotless

We will return.

1  Thank Curtsinthezone
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I don't recall how many times we went to the gelato shop but it was in the 7-8 times range for our trip last week. Many interesting flavors... some of them very common and some are WAY off the map (TUNA CACTUS?) but everything I tried was outstanding including the pineapple and the key lime pie. A little pricey but no big surprise there. These guys do a brisk business so try to get in there before the line is 20-deep. Enjoy.

1  Thank KenL60089
Reviewed January 2, 2014

By far the best gelato I've ever eaten!
And what creative choices.All made from local ingredients.
I'm hooked on the Cocolate and coconut!

But the most memorable thing about Aventuras Gelato is the vivacious woman who greets you, she has the most infectous smile and lively eyes.
I wish I could remember her name because we returned night after night to enjoy both the gelato and her company.
Don't miss out on this experience when in PA

1  Thank ellelive
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped in today to try the gelato after lunch. Our first experience was a big friendly smile from the woman behind the counter....what a wonderful start! We were interested in trying a taste or two before deciding on the flavors we would select and she was more than happy to provide us as many tastes as we liked. Eventually, I settled on the passion fruit and nutella flavors and could not have been more pleased. The passion fruit gelato was absolutely exquisite--like tasting the fresh fruit itself. We sat outside at their tables near the marina and enjoyed every bite. Although there are now 3 gelato shops in P.A. (last year there were none), I don't know if we'll even try the others because of our great experience here. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank DCGlobeTrotter007