“Snorkel Gear !”

and up
Cenotes and Caverns 2-Tank Dive Tour
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in Puerto Aventuras
More attraction details
Owner description: Planet Scuba Mexico is a professional owner-run scuba center and offers three main activities: Recreational Scuba diving & courses Technical diving & courses Professional Cavern & Cave Development Programs Compared to many of our competitors, we concentrate on a few selected activities. This allows us to fully dedicate ourselves to the products and services we offer without having to cut corners in customer safety and service. All programs, be it recreational, technical or instructor courses are conducted in house by us personally. You will not be sent off into the hands of partner organizations like many others do. No matter if you are a single diver or travelling in a group, we ensure you have a great time with us! We use brand new and frequently serviced state-of-the-art Cressi scuba equipment for our recreational divers and high-end Hollis tech gear for all technical and cave divers. We hold the official dealership for both brands. All our staff are proven professionals with a long track record in customer safety and service and love what they do. The minimum instructor rating required to work for Planet Scuba Mexico is the PADI Master Instructor rating and being either tech or cave qualified to ensure only the best will take you diving. Our aim is to offer you a great experience at Planet Scuba Mexico through customized dives and courses. From start to finish we strive to give you and exciting, safe and relaxed time. The way we do things sets us apart from many others in the area. Our main objective is to show you the beauty of the Cenotes (crystal clear fresh water caverns & caves). We run tours every day and are the only dive shop in town that takes you to all the Cenotes between our center and Tulum. All tours have a maximum of 4 divers to 1 guide and we make sure that all divers within a group have similar dive experience. All Cenotes tours include 2 dives on two different dive sites, each dive running at about 55min. Between the dives you have time to have a light snack and exchange your experience with other divers. Tours usually start at 8:00am and return between 2:00-3:00pm. Guided full cave dives as well as tech and cave courses are all held in-house and start at set dates. Please contact us for more information. Wreck diving is only worth doing when you are diving a proper wreck. We dive the C-56 (a former WWII US mines sweeper!) in the Puerto Morelos National Park and are the only ones in town to do so. A great dive with so much to discover! Welcome to Planet Scuba Mexico - your most exclusive Dive Center in Mexico
Medina, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snorkel Gear !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We purchased a mask, snorkel and fins from Planet Scuba. First off there service was excellent and their knowledge of product helped since we did not know much. I will not go anywhere else to rent or buy snorkel gear. Now that we have our gear we are planning to participate in their scuba diving. Everyone we have talked to says they are the greatest. They make it fun and entertaining. Thanks Manuel

2 Thank Scott F
Dear Scott
Thank you very much for your positive review, we are always willing to help and guide our customers as much as we can.
Best regards from all of us here!

New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a great shop. The staff is professional and super friendly. I did two dives on July 15 with Issac (the divemaster). The two sites were at the nearby reef, very close to Puerto Aventuras marina. Just me and Issac, so all was tailored to my needs! All was well organized, the equipment is brand new and they even gave me a computer to use in my dives.

We were very lucky and saw lots of different creatures. Turtle, lobster, many many types of fish and even eagle rays, which are uncommon to those sites. I have been diving once a year, so I tend to use too much air which makes the dive short, but with the current down there you barely need to move, and in the end air was not an issue.

I was staying at the Dreams hotel, which is just one block away, but I would recommend Planet Scuba to anyone staying in Puerto Aventuras or its vicinity. I had an amazing experience with these guys and will return the next time I am at the Mayan Riviera.

1 Thank Max D
Manuel H, Propietario at Planet Scuba Mexico, responded to this review, June 5, 2016
Thank you very much for your recommendation and positive feedback!
See you next time for more amazing underwater experiences !
All the best.
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST DIVE SHOP!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went diving with Planet Scuba beginning July and these people are awesome! Very friendly, professional and always precise in what they were doing. What else to expect, the shop is managed by 2 Germans :D

Markus is their main cenote guide and he took me with the other divers to several different cavern dives. This is really a special sight, the water so clear and the groups are kept small for safety and service.

I was staying at the Dreams Hotel that is just around the corner. Hotel was good but I preferred to stay outside and spend my time diving with these guys. The wreck excursion is very thrilling - just make sure you have an advanced certification or they won't take you there. It goes as deep as almost 100ft but it's worth it!! Many eagle rays and I even saw a shark! Best day EVER!

Would I return? Hell yes!!! And I'll make sure to go nowhere else but to Planet Scuba when I'm in Mexico! Thank you guys, I had an excellent time with you!!

Oh and btw, leave your dive gear at home, they are fitted with really nice brand new equipment!

1 Thank olbur_29
Manuel H, Owner at Planet Scuba Mexico, responded to this review, June 4, 2016

Thank you so much for such a positive and enthusiastic review and for choosing us!
As we also had an excellent and fun time with you and we are glad that you enjoyed your dives with us.
We hope to see you again here.

Greetings from all of us here at Planet Scuba Mexico.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Coolest new dive shops in Puerto Aventures Mexico.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just returned from my first cenote dive with Planet Scuba and must say it was an unbelievable experience! Living in Puerto Aventuras myself I have tried all of the local dive shops, including those in the resorts. Nothing can compare to the service the guys at Planet Scuba are offering. All new dive gear (they even gave me a dive computer!) and all of the staff are very friendly and gave everyone an excellent experience. We dove Angelita and one other cenote, both very nice and almost no other divers around. So different to what I've seen before with other shops around. After two great dives we were all invited for some sandwiches and drinks. It seems that everyone in this shop is so focused on your satisfaction and giving you the best possible. From check in the evening before until returning to the shop after the dives all was prepared for me and I even didn't have to carry my own gear. Marcus our cave guide was brilliant and by far the best diver I've ever seen. I now found my favorite dive shop in town. Keep up the good work Planet Scuba! I'll be back for more guys!!!!

1 Thank DJ7784
Manuel H, Owner at Planet Scuba Mexico, responded to this review, June 4, 2016
Thank you for your positive feedback! its such a compliment from you that has been in the other shops in town. As you said we are passionate about what we do and our guests satisfaction is our priority.
You are more than welcome to comeback anytime.
Best regards from all your Planet Scuba Mexico Team!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Shope and Staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Thanks again for a Great Dive experience on my Dive while in Puerto Adventuras. THe Stafee was very Friendly and took much time explaining all the available dive options and areas to dive. After several discussion - the dives were mapped out and were great. Can't say enough about the Staff, Excellent NEW equipment and the experience in General. If you are in this area and are going to Dive - THESE ARE THE GUYS TO GO TO ! Can't say enough good about them other to say that I will probably make a return trip here for more dives simply becasue of this excellent, professional staff.

1 Thank Patrick M
Dear Patrick
Thank you so much for your positive review!
All of us enjoyed to having you here and hopefully we will see you soon to do some more fun and exciting dives!
Warm regards from Puerto Aventuras!