“Superb atmosphere and food”

Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dockside alongside the local fishing boats we are fortunate to get first pickings of the best catches of each and every day. Outside Deck Terrace seating as well as inside. Open from 5pm. Open MONDAY through Saturday. Enchanting nautical theme. Good spot for any occasion. Fully stocked bar where you can stop by and have a drink (Martini, Manhatten, Margarita, Daquiris, Mai Tai, Pina Coladas, Beer, Smoothies or a variety of wines by the glass or bottle etc), and also enjoy the view!. A good choice when its hot, there is an air conditioned area. A good choice if its cold, there is heating to make it cozy and warm, a good choice if its raining as it is under a roof. For lovers of good food, a nice attention and romantic evenings, find Pelican Point next to Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras Marina. Closed SUNDAYS and for the months of September and october.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The most elegant restaurant in Puerto Aventuras. The food is exceptional. I really love the Oysters Rockefeller and the Key Lime Pie is divine. Wine selection is very good and the staff is exceptionally attentive.

1  Thank LaunaB2014
There are newer reviews for Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We chose to eat here as a birthday celebration whilst on holiday in PA. We had read some past TA reviews so was interested to give it a try! The owner worked hard to explain what seemed every item on the menu which was a bit time consuming and we felt, a bit too confusing. But it was his attempt to ensure we chose well and personally I felt it enabled my order to be "well informed" rather than maybe the "lottery" meal ordering!
In a way it seemed too attentive and at times possibly rushed but it was not busy so I put it down to trying hard by the owner and/or staff. We slowed things down by delaying ordering and they seemed to take note.
The food was great.
Prices were high and drinks (especially tequila which we added as a birthday treat but these were around £6 each we found out afterwards) so they seemed expensive but we understood it to be a more expensive venue and chose it in order to celebrate so in a way we weren't surprised but for us, it was not a regular eating establishment even though we probably would have eaten there again if it had not cost so much.
Slightly strangely, from our table (with teenage children) we could see various TV screens with films being played with violent scenes which even the children commented as being inappropriate for the restaurant. Plus, no one seemed to be watching it that we could see. Just had to try to ignore it as best we could.
Would go there again on another special occasion and certainly had no problems of any significance and really enjoyed our night there.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I recently had another memorable evening over dinner with friends at Pelican Point. It truly is a must whenever we are in Puerto, and Guillermo never fails to deliver fresh and deliciously prepared meals. His waitstaff are well trained and professional. We started with the Caesar salad prepared table side and then had the catch of the day done to our liking with a little lemon and butter... Melt in your mouth amazing! Thank you, Guillermo! We 'll be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We visited with a very large party of 13 that contained 7 adults and were seated in a corner. I didn't leave my seat during dinner and had very little wine. I had a small clutch with my phone and lipstick that was now missing. Only the waitstaff in dark jackets had been at the table with the owner. As we searched the owner became ore and more defensive. He accused me of never having a purse, them of having left, gone to the bathroom, etc. Everyone at the table disputed this. We refused to hand him the bill until he examined his staff, and he called the police. At this point I went to the ladies room and was passed by a young man in kitchen/ dishwasher style clothing. He had been in the only ladies toilet area and my clutch was under tissue in their wastebasket. But no phone. We tried calling of course and it was turned off, I locked it using find my iPhone app. The owner did not mention nor offer camera footage. He was ugly and rude and defensive. The police said to leave and not to pay the
check. The owner has answered the other reviews of our party as if we spent an hour and a half at midnight trying to avoid the check. A check that cost less than the phone, with six children and after a day of travel. This is not what happened. Be aware.

3  Thank Sweaver2
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Pelican Point is my pride and joy and a culmination of my lifes career and I am most serious about my establishment, product and service. It is just not advantagous to me to steal from my clients or defend any staff member who would try.

The pólice told you and your party that you should pay the bill NOT that you should not, like anywhere else in the world, your party drank and dined and the bill should have been paid.

My CC TV cameras caught all the comings and goings of that evening to the bathroom. No kitchen staff used the bathroom or passed by that área. The children at your table however were in and out all evening playing and hiding etc. Also several of your party.

I have been left with a $740.u.s.d unpaid dining bill for which I have to cover the cost of your U.S. import Steaks, my best lobster, jumbo shrimp, cesar salads made at your table, snail ceviche, fresh caught fish, pork, chicken and BBQ ribs, 14 wines and15 imported licors (between 6 adults) 5 fresh fruit smoothies. Any restaurant in PA as it has long low seasons will tell you this is a hefty blow to suffer and cost to cover. That along with your intention to damage my reputation, I think I have more than paid the Price for your apparently lost phone.

We have concluded from out TV footage and the actions of that evening that we were scammed by you and your party owner and friends from Los Vientos #3. Its both sad and disturbing.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

PELICAN POINT IS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!
It continues to be our restaurant of choice each time we return to our "home away from home" in Puerto Aventuras!
Our entire family loves it!
Guillermo and his staff are always extremely professional, attentive, and friendly!
The cuisine is superb - delicious, fresh, and impeccably prepared and presented!
The attention to detail is "over the top"!
Gluten-free options are available as well!
THANK YOU GUILLERMO!
We always look forward to returning to Pelican Point!
Mary and Barry