“5 star dining experience”

Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dockside Terrace alongside the boats. Offering a Lunch Menu, Tapas Menu 1pm till 4pm and Dinner Menu from 5pm. Serving International, Mexican and Oriental dishes. Open from 1pm Monday thru Saturday. Beautiful cocktail bar and wine cellar. Spacious luxurious inside dining areas and also terrace dining. Fresh fish catch of the day, lobster, crab, mussels, clams, scallops and oysters to name a few. Angus beef, chicken, duck, and pork dishes besides and, delicious desserts, pies, chocolate, espresso, ristreto, cappuccino and special coffees!
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is hands down the high class dining establishment in PA. While it is also the most expensive, the care and service they put into a meal make it well worth it. Huge drink selection, a ridiculous amount of food options, and best of all some meats and fish that is difficult to find elsewhere. The owner has obviously put a lot into the facility as it was really beautiful, especially in the evening. If price isn't a concern, you won't be disappointed. A real treat...

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Based on what my family and I saw, this is arguably the only real fine dining restaurant in Puerto Aventuras. Situated a bit away from the other restaurants in the marina, we found this place almost by accident. It was early in our visit and we hadn’t done any research on the options – we were just walking along the marina and exploring our options. So many of the other places we passed… and passed on, the nearly accosted you when you walked by. So we kept on walking. And pretty much at the end of the marina we found Pelican Point.

It was a bit more upscale that what we had anticipated, but we took a shot. Gustavo was our waiter and he took excellent care of us. The only thing I had that I didn’t like was the drink I ordered. I opted for the Blue Margarita… I’m not sure what made it blue, but from the taste of it, it could have either been anti-freeze or cat urine. Actually, I think I picked up maybe an anise flavor. I really dislike anise/licorice. So moving on.

We got the Ceasar salad for starters. The dressing was prepared from scratch at our table by Gustavo. It was excellent. For the main course, we all ordered fresh fish. I got the wahoo. I’d never had it before and it was AMAZING. They served in as medallions that were seared and coated with sesame seeds (among other things). The texture was almost like scallops. The flavor was excellent. It was served with some green beans that were in a coconut flavored sauce – loved that too. My wife and daughters got the mahi mahi and they were also very happy.

Pelican Point is pricier than the other more touristy fare that you find in the heart of the marina, but it’s certainly worth it. If you’re planning to have at least one night out for something special in Puerto Aventuras, I don’t think you can do any better than Pelican Point.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We dine at the Pelican Point as often as possible while visiting in PA. We are there in January and May. The food is outstanding! Always fresh, prepared to perfection, "your way!" Clean, service is superb, the decor is beautiful! You can ALWAYS depend on an outstanding meal!

1  Thank Unlnown
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great wine list. Delicious fresh grilled fish. The owner personally served us and made sure every diner felt special. Wish we had a restaurant like this back home.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the best dining on the marina! We were greeted by the owner who was very nice and went through the entire menu with us. All fish served was caught & brought in to the marina the same day. We started with mahi-mahi cerviche that was fantastic. The waiters then brought a small shot if raspberry sorbet to cleanse our palates before the main course was served (very nice touch!). I had herbed shrimp in a subtle gorgonzola cheese sauce. This was so good I almost didn't want to share a bite with my boyfriend. :-)...My BF had fresh caught mahi mahi in a spiced mango sauce. This was to die for too. If you are in or around Puerto Aventuras, you have to eat here!!