“May be the best food in Puerto Aventuras”

Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dockside alongside the local fishing boats we are fortunate to get first pickings of the best catches of each and every day. Outside Deck Terrace seating as well as inside. Open from 5pm. Open MONDAY through Saturday. Enchanting nautical theme. Good spot for any occasion. Fully stocked bar where you can stop by and have a drink (Martini, Manhatten, Margarita, Daquiris, Mai Tai, Pina Coladas, Beer, Smoothies or a variety of wines by the glass or bottle etc), and also enjoy the view!. A good choice when its hot, there is an air conditioned area. A good choice if its cold, there is heating to make it cozy and warm, a good choice if its raining as it is under a roof. For lovers of good food, a nice attention and romantic evenings, find Pelican Point next to Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras Marina. Closed SUNDAYS and for the months of September and october.
Mexico
“May be the best food in Puerto Aventuras”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is a lovely palapa on the marina a little further north than most of the other restaurants in Puerto. Guillermo (Memo), the owner, used to operate close to the highway at Mi Parador and has now moved to this much better location. The feeling is more upscale as are many of the dishes. Memo is an attentive host and will reel off a huge variety of specials from memory, each one sounding better than the last! The food is fresh, nicely presented and Memo's obvious passion for food shines through loud and clear. And if you want something not on the menu, 9 times out of 10 Memo will accommodate your request.
Has been very good to see this restaurant busy throughout the winter season and that is just another sign that this is a great place to dine in Puerto and indeed in the Riviera Maya.

Visited March 2013
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Maybe you are right... or at least we try to be amongst the best!. Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to do so and I will be here for your next visit. Im counting on it and looking forward to it. Saludos Memo

Oxnard
“The best we have at puerto Aventuras”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Am a 25 year part time resident here at puerto Aventuras. We finally have a special place to dine. The overall food quality at the resort is vastly improved, but nothing comes close to the dining experience at Guillermo's new establishment. The atmosphere, furnishings, and level of service are only surpassed by the quality of the meals. It's the place for that special night out or when you just want a really excellent meal.

• Visited March 2013
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Don, Thank you for taking the time to review. It is always my pleasure to attend you and your lovely lady. You are my most welcome guests and Im very happy that you like the new location and design, and of course service and food. Thank, thank you and see you soon. Saludos Guillermo
Calgary, Canada
“ALWAYS OUR RESTAURANT OF CHOICE IN PA!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy 7 dinners at Pelican Point during our last visit to Puerto Aventuras!
It is always our restaurant of choice in the PA marina!
Guillermo and staff welcome us with open arms and provide friendly, professional and excellent service!
The cuisine is always delicious and beautifully prepared and presented!
We love the setting! Lovely breezes and numerous pelicans perched nearby among the fishing boats!
On one occasion, we were celebrating a birthday! Guillermo had decorated our table to acknowledge the occasion!
We will be returning soon!
Mary and Barry - Calgary

xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you Mary and Barry from Calgary. You and folks like you are what make it worth the extra effort. Thankfully there are many wonderful and appreciative of the art people that make it a pleasure to serve. Really look forward to seeing you soon, Guillermo.
Springfield, Illinois
“Yes, do check, your check”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First off this place is pretty and sits in a prime location. The remodel that the new owner has done is beautiful...But the food..That is another thing..Over priced big time. We went with another couple..For a good-bye Dinner, they were leaving Mexico and we wanted to send them off with a nice dinner and drinks...We had the blue cheese pork chops, Terrible, Just terrible. I love blue cheese but that is all you could taste...The salad was ok but again tasteless....Once we recieved our bill, We had to check it again, there were added drinks and food. For the quality of the food..This bill was way over rated...I don't see this restaurant being open long..There are just to many really good places to dine here. Won't be back.

1 Thank JoeH_11
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
This bogus review does not deserve any more comment from me than we wish you well.
Sherman, Texas
“Pelican Point at PA Marina”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The owner of Pelican Point apparently has two restaurants, one out on the highway and a new one on the marina. This review is for the marina. Very quaint small place, extremely nice and warm. Not sure if having the owner waiting on you is typical or training, but he has a great passion for his profession which is refreshing. The wahoo and and mahimahi were incredible, and I consider myself to have extremely high standards when it comes to fish and steak. Great bar, and fresh oysters and a big variety of fare to please every palate. I would consider this the most expensive place in PA, but if you looking for a fine dining experience this is your place. Desserts were good, not great. Other than that everything was top notch! Well done Pelican Point!

• Visited March 2013
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to review. Unfortunately I have closed my other restaurant (which incidentally was Trip Advisor number 1 in puerto for 3 years until I closed) so that I could fully dedicate myself to Pelican. Possibly not that usual but do wait on and serve all my guests where possible as if you were my house guests because that is how I see you. My passion is to serve to the best of my ability and make sure you have a great meal and time in my establishment. Its great to hear that I achieved it and get this wonderful feedback from you. Thank you and look forward to your next visit. Saludos Guillermo