“Ro & Jim” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar

Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dockside alongside the local fishing boats we are fortunate to get first pickings of the best catches of each and every day. Outside Deck Terrace seating as well as inside. Open from 5pm. Open MONDAY through Sunday. Enchanting nautical theme. Good spot for any occasion. Fully stocked bar where you can stop by and have a drink (Martini, Manhatten, Margarita, Daquiris, Mai Tai, Pina Coladas, Beer, Smoothies or a variety of wines by the glass or bottle etc), and also enjoy the view!. A good choice when its hot, there is an air conditioned area. A good choice if its cold, there is heating to make it cozy and warm, a good choice if its raining as it is under a roof. For lovers of good food, a nice attention and romantic evenings, find Pelican Point next to Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras Marina. Closed SUNDAYS and for the months of September and october.
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Ro & Jim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I dined twice for dinner within our 5 day stay. Pelican Point adds alot of needed sophistication to PA. Both evenings we had the fish prepared different styles on each occasion and was outstanding as usual (like Tu Parador). Guillermo makes his salads amongst other dishes with the freshest & finest ingredients you will find in PA! You will not find such warm and tasty rolls like his anywhere in the area. I enjoyed some extras the next morning for breakfast.

Above all, the atmosphere- quiet and off the beaten path of the loud marina, Guillermo's elegant style, warm hospitality, excellent & attentive wait staff (best we've experienced in PA in the last 9 years), the exquisite wine made our dining experience the best ever.

Thank you Guillermo. We hope to return soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Rose Ann and Jim, Thank you for taking the time to review, but more than that thank you for your visit. It was absolutely my pleasure. You are both wonderful people and a pleasure to serve. REALLY hope to see you back here soon. Saludos Guillermo

Midlothian, Virginia
“Review your check!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This February 2013 we dined at Guillermo's new restauant Pelican Point. While the food was good, we felt it was less than Tu Parador. But new is ok! Until the check arrived. Our 4 glasses of wine were listed correctly as were the 2 bottles of water. From then on nothing was what we had ordered and all prices were higher! When questioning the waiter he finally took the check back and when he returned only the appetizer price and listing had been corrected. The 2 entrees were not what we ordered nor at the same price. I told him that this wasnt my check and to return and bring back a check that had what I ordered. Guillermo returned and indicated that he "always" has had problems with us!!?? I indicated that he wouldnt have them anymore, and he told me never to come back and that he didnt want my business in his restaurant! Threw us out because we caught him overcharging us a second time! No problem, too many other nice people and good food locally ! Watch your check if you go!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank svansan
Summerside, Canada
“Nice Ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went with another couple for dinner on Christmas. Reservations were made for six people; but, the third couple did not show up. Meanwhile, we were seated at a table for six, and were asked if we wouldn't mind moving to a table for four, if the third couple did not show up. We ordered our drinks and waited before placing our meal choices. After half an hour, we were moved to another table as there were supposedly more diners arriving that would require a table for six. We didn't mind moving, but if we made reservations for six persons, then we should have been allowed to remain at the original table.

The menu was varied and had some good choices, but I was disappointed that there were only two items on the menu that were vegetarian. Our meals were ordered and I received my soup order much later than the first courses served to the rest of our table. I also had to wait for a very long time after my dinner companions received their main courses for my salad to arrive. They had pretty much finished eating by the time I received my salad. At least the restaurant owner noticed this and made a comment a couple of times to us.

Overall, everone enjoyed their meals, including myself. We also had a nice view of the marina from our window table.

The white wine by-the-glass choices were extremely limited, so I only ordered water. It would be nice to see more restaurants in Puerto Aventuras serve a decent Pinto Griggio, by the glass. We were disappointed, as residents, that they do not offer a discount to residents as many of the restaurants in Puerto Aventuras do. We would have to think very hard before frequenting this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. That is correct that we do not offer discounts to residents but we do have a Membership Club Card for our regular clients and they do receive disounts and other benefits.Thank you so much for your visit. Saludos, Guillermo.
Somerset, New Jersey
“A very good dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife loves their Artichoke, it has a wonderful flavor.I had the Mixed Cerviche and it alos was excellent. The mini rolls and salsa was also excellent. My wife and the chicken with chestnuts and pistachio's which she raved about. I had the wahoo veracruz and it was good. Recognize that their prices are considerable more than other PA restaurants.

Olympia, Washington
“Memorable dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner with another couple last night. We all agreed it was the best dinner we had during our vacation. To us, Guillermo's passion for the food and service was excellent. The way he explained not only the unique food but the way it was prepared made the the dinner special. It is not very often, even at very fine restaurants, when I can say that I enjoyed every aspect of the evening and enjoyed every morsel of food that was placed before us. I could go on and rave about this dinner for a long time but will stop and just highly recommend you go there...you will not be disappointed. Thank you Guillermo and staff. Well done!

xxGuillermo, Owner at Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It was totally my pleasure and hope to attend you again soon.
Saludos Guillermo