“Not sure who to blame........Apple or the Dolphin Swim facility.......or maybe myself”

Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery is the largest habitat in the Riviera Maya providing a unique experience with our friendly and playful dolphins, all of them born within our successful and worldwide recognized breeding program. Known as a luxury community, Puerto Aventuras is visited by international and local tourists seeking a warm, sunny and comfortable vacation distant from the crowds.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was fooled by the Apple rep at my hotel who told me I'd be allowed to take my own quality photos from great angles. The have the entire area roped off and then a plastic mesh on the deck surrounding the dolphin interaction. Thankfully I have a decent camera that could zoom in and get some 'okay' shots of my kids. The photographer who was supposed to be taking pictures jumped me as soon as I placed one leg over the rope. The Apple rep told me that since I paid for the 'Royal Swim' $160 pp.....that there would be only 8 people in my group. There was at least 14 people in my group. The trainer was inexperienced, those poor dolphins didn't know which way was up!!!!! Then to top it off they wanted to charge us $130 USD for the photo cd. No thanks!!!!! I have nothing to compare this to but was told by others in my group that this excursion was lame compared to Orlando's dolphin swim experience. Save your money by NOT book on thus excursion through Apple.

1  Thank binkMichigan
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hello, thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, we're sorry that your experience hasn't been as you expected, we'll let know Operation Manager in Puerto Aventuras about your comments in order to improve our service. Thank you for taking time to comment, we appreciate it.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We took our 15 year old daughter to Dolphin Discovery in Puerto Aventuras. From our resort on the beautiful beach of Playa Maroma it was about 30 minute shuttle ride.
We chose the "Royal Swim". It was amazing. She was in a small group of parents, teens and children.
They spent time feeding and learning about the gentle manatee.
Spent lots of playtime with the Dolphins. Kayaked with the dolphins, kissed the dolphin, dorsal fin
ride. The best was the foot push by 2 dolphins...taking her straight out of the water!
The smiles on her face that day were priceless....never regret the money spent.
As bystanders, you are able to watch it all and take pictures.
Of course there are photographers on hand taking tons of pictures.
So please keep in mind, after all the fun is over, they will lead you to screens that show your adventure in pictures.
It is expensive. We were able to haggle a bit and make a deal without buying everything. Don't be afraid to negotiate.
Young or old.... worth your while to make a memory.

Tip: This is located within an all inclusive resort...wasn't really a place to grab a drink while
watching the encounter. Don't forget a towel!

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hello, first of all thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery in Puerto Aventuras, we're happy to know that you and your daughter enjoyed the "Royal Swim" and the encounter with the manatee, these animals are just incredibles! We invite you and your family to visit us again to live this amazing experience one more time. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and the travellers.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

easy to get to, organized well, you can get good pics with dolphins...........................................................................................

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The kids loved it, had plenty of time with the dolphins and was much better than Discovery Cove in Florida.

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi! first of all thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery, we're happy to hear that you and your kids loved your experience with dolphins, they're just adorable! We invite you and your family to come back to live this incredible experience one more time.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

When we arrived we decided to upgrade to the Royal Swim with the dolphins and manatee encounter. The upgrade was worth it. The manatee encounter was very short. We were only able to spend about 10 minutes during which time we feed one lettuce. It was great to see them up close though. The only downside was that our visit was so short. We only had 30 minutes after our encounters to shower, change, and look at our pictures. I wish we would have had longer to look at the baby dolphin and enjoy watching the manatee swim.

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hello, thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery Puerto Aventuras, we're glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your time with manatees and The Royal Swim with dolphins, they're just amazing! sometimes you can feel that the time that you spend with them it's short because it's great spend time with this incredible creatures, but actually The Royal Swim has a length of 1 hour (including orientation). Again thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it. We invite you to visit us again to live one more time this fantastic experience.