“Bliss in paradise”

Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bliss in paradise”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My mother in law and I visited this spa while our family was staying at Dreams nearby. It was wonderful! The surroundings are natural and soothing, and from the moment you step across the threshold, you feel as if you are in another world.

We had hoped to do the combo traditional massage and hammock massage, but they have only one of the hammocks and when they went to set it up, they discovered an issue with one of the rings. For safety reasons, they then couldn't use it. They offered to add a facial instead, which we did.

We had 80 minute massages and facial. It was divine. They led us to our tables and washed our feet. From that point on, we were each in our own little world. The therapist helped me to lie down on the table, did a few long strokes down my back, and positioned my arms up off the top of the table. She then washed my arms and shoulders... having your feet and arms washed is far more soothing than you'd ever imagine!

The surroundings were divine, with the background of birds and water bubbling, while air gently blew by, but it was the therapists who made the experience. My MIL and I both agreed after that our massages and facials were excellent. My therapist used more pressure when asked and backed off when too much was used. The facial was great too... and I was amazed at the wrinkle reduction around my eyes I noticed the next day!

Marvelous experience and would highly recommend. Skip the hotel spa and come here instead!

1 Thank Angie C

Motley, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Highlight of my vacation-sharoney”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

It took me a few days to write this review because I was in such a state of perfect bliss. I can't begin to describe the beauty of your surroundings when entering. Your in another world that if you give yourself into it completely, it will take you away to a another time when royalty was treated with such care and splendor. I luxuriated in the Mayan bath ritual. I call it a ritual because the therapist that took such good care of me, really was performing something sacred. I have never felt so pampered and refreshed. My skin looked 20 years younger, and the deep tissue massage was the best that I have ever had. I am looking forward to my next appointment before returning home. I definitely will come again the next time I am in Puerto Aventuras.

1 Thank Sharon F
cleveland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have visited this Spa at least twice while we are here for a month since it opened. I encourage any visitors we have to try it once and everyone has gone back. It's the beautiful, tranquil setting that makes it magical. Massages are good but the tropical sounds, smells and sights add so much to the relaxation. Check their internet sight for specials.

1 Thank rockey
Comox, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Three for Three”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

First trip was with a girlfriend, and I opted for the chocolate massage. A feast of aromatherapy and wonderful massage that left my skin feeling like velvet afterwards. Second and third visits were to indulge in the couples massage, and that was lovely too - not the same variety of scents as the chocolate massage, but a beautiful and thorough massage to the sounds of a fountain and birds, and relaxing music to zone out with. I LOVE that they don't push you to leave. They let YOU realize that the massage is finished, and with the couples massage, they give you time to enjoy the wine together and leave at your own pace. The changing rooms are ingenious with an In-The-Jungle feeling. To keep the mood, there is a shower that spouts from a bamboo stem, and rock sink, with more towels than you could imagine using, hair brush, body wash and shampoo. The wood furniture is gorgeous. As mentioned by another reviewer, not all massage and treatment options are listed on the website. When we arrived at the Xpa, we found a couples massage that was 80 as opposed to the 50 minutes I had paid for through PayPal. Management kindly allowed me to extend our time, and it was worth every second. Lovely ladies, with strong capable hands - if you feel shy? No need to. They are very careful to preserve modesty. Excellently relaxing and well worth the money. Next year, when we return to Puerto aventuras, we will try the Hammock massage... and then the Temazcal... and... maybe both of us could enjoy the chocolate massage again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ComoxDiver
London, Canada
“Going back!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Can't wait to go back! I was not a big fan of going to a spa while in Mexico. A friend recommended it as a "must do" I went towards the end of my week and it was magical. The outdoor setting was absolutely gorgeous. Unlike any spa / massage treatments I have had back home. I think the natural sounds, smells, and beauty are what gives it its peaceful zen like atmosphere that truly made my massage spectacular. I was impressed at the many services listed at this location. I am hoping to try some of them next time I am in Puerto. 1 hour is not long enough! I went alone but have heard its a great place for couples....gonna try to talk by hubby into going.

Visited December 2013