11 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$167
Priceline$188
Travelocity$167
eDreams$188
8,415 results
All reviews sayil building la fuente flow rider captain morgan water sports mini golf spanish restaurant sports bar barcelo maya a la carte restaurants fish premium level grand resort bowling alley other resorts buffet food family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2020

Rooms are a bit dated, very slow in fixing issues if at all. Broken patio door all week with no resolution or offering to change rooms. Called twice about it but gave up after 3rd day and it wasn’t fixed.
Impossible to get reservations at any decent a la carte.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank becag
Roam41780702201, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2020

Dear traveler,

We are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your comments on your recent stay in our Barceló Maya Caribe hotel, your detailed review will certainly assist in order to keep on improving the quality of our services for our valued guests. Thank you once again for making us your choice hotel and for your constructive critics, we certaily look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Reviewed February 4, 2020

The caribe hotel was amazing. The service was great at the caribe buffet. Clayder and Yolanda were amazing staff at the caribe buffet. We made sure to look for them every day we ate there for breakfast. Very friendly people. The entire week was great. Great food and great weather all week!

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts

Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at Barceló Maya Caribe. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests' overall experience. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience.

The Manager.

Reviewed February 4, 2020

we were a very large group of people for a wedding and our server all day at the pool was Dlony Marales. she was great, she had to put up alot with our group, and was very nice. she gets a 5 star review from me! Hotel is quite large, lots of things to do for kids and adults. beach was really great! 4 stars

Date of stay: January 2020
Roam41780702201, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2020

Dear traveler,

We would like to thank you for your review you shared following your recent visit to Barceló Maya Caribe. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the service you received from our team members, we will make sure to share your kind words as we know it will mean a great deal to them. Again we thank you for this very kind review of our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2020

this is an amazing place to stay and the food and service are top notch. Great activities for the kids especially. The beach is beautiful and the gaff are always eager to help. The restaurants are great too.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cw_parkes
Roam41780702201, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2020

Dear traveler,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for the praising review you shared following your recent visit to Barceló Maya Caribe hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your expectations. We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2020 via mobile

We were last at this hotel in March 2019 and, although we normally do not return to the same resort twice (so many places, so little time!), chose to do so this time. We were not disappointed. The food is still good and the house wine (which was awful in March) has now been improved! I will make one note and that is that the service in the buffet restaurants did seem to be a little more scattered this time. (We visited a few buffets, not just the one in the Caribe). They did have one of the buffet restaurants closed, so maybe this led to some of the confusion. And, strangely, it seemed like there was always a shortage of spoons no matter which restaurant we were in. LOL. Thank goodness for Daniel and Maria Sanchez in the Caribe breakfast Buffet who were always on top of their game! They even gave me a breakfast birthday surprise!

A couple of other things that stood out to me on this vacation…

I have taken up swimming and loved, loved, loved their Olympic lap pool! I used it every day and loved the fact that I could get in my swim without having to dodge kids on floaties and pool bar patrons. I would return again simply for this pool!!!

Lastly, I had an accident, slipping on the wet floor. Boy oh boy, those Mexican tiles are hard! I filed a report simply because you never know what will happen and, in case I woke up immobile the next day, I knew I would need something for my insurance coverage if I needed to see a doctor. My incident was handled and documented immediately and professionally. Everything ended up fine (just a bit stiff for a few days so I had to relax in the sun with a book and Margarita—what a shame! Lol) but I was impressed with how my accident was dealt with.

It was my birthday when we were there and we spent an extra $20US per person to enjoy the French restaurant at the Palace. It was lovely. Try the box of chocolates for dessert!

Just a couple more mentions. Our waiter at the Brasserie, Ubely Clemente, was a true gentleman and Ana Opoll in the Tequila store in Colonial lobby was a sweetheart! Although her English is not great, she tried so hard to help us and, with my limited Spanish, we had a lovely exchange with her! Last mention goes to Eric, our chef at Kyoto, who was hilarious!!!

We might even come back a third time! Highly recommend this place and we have been to many many resorts all over Mexico.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank familyof4Nkt
Roam41780702201, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2020

Dear traveler,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our Barceló Maya Caribe hotel once again for your holidays and for sharing this wonderful feedback of your recent stay among us, it is indeed very rewarding to read that we keep on meeting all your holiday needs and wishes year after year. We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.