Stayed on this hotel with my wife during the last week of April, and it really match my expectations: very good resort, front beach, clean, very good food (you must taste all the different natural juices at the breakfast) the beach was really amazing, specially if you are a snorkling fan. The 2 thematic restaurants (Mexico Lindo and Dom Quixote) are good but i have to say the "Dom Quixote" is a must...you have to try and ask to be served by Jorge.
The only thing i have to point out as a negative was the welcome receveid on the arrival day: after flying for more than 12 hours and nearly 36 hrs without sleeping, we arrived at the hotel around 9h30 pm. The check-in lasted for more than 30m and after putingt the luggage in the rooms we were starving...but...the restaurant closed at 10pm and the only option was to wait until 1am to get some snacks from another bar near the reception !!! I found this unaceptable and after a claim made into the front-desk they offered us room-service...terrible...we waited for more than 1h30 to eat some cold fried chips and sandwiches.
A hotel of this level should prepare in advance the welcome for the guests arriving late, specially those who come from Europe and surely have passed the last 20 hours in airports eating "airport food".
Overall a very nice holidays, surelly a place to return (hoping to get a very different welcome)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico