Went to the Barceló resort in Feb. We ended up in the Caribe and as I see from other reviews we too thought we were going to be in the renovated Beach but the Caribe was great. We opted for the premium option so we got a room facing the pools so it was a quick walk to them and premium also allow you to go into any premium lounge in any of the hotels on the resort where we you could pour yourself a top quality drink and have snacks at anytime and not have to tip anyone, not that I mind tipping. One thing is the Caribe Premium Lounge had a bit of a old stale smell to it. Staff was friendly everywhere and the room was very quiet at night. With Premium you also don't need towel cards and you can get them at any of the huts in the resort. It also allows you to book at any Ala Carte in the resort. Tennis courts are great, Pools are big, Beach is beautiful. On snorkeling, if you can find your way through the reef by the wharf on the resort and get to the ocean side of the little island the Pelican are on, the snorkeling is as good as places I paid to go to. Another cool thing to do is walk around the point to the right where you will find the old abandoned resort. There is a huge sheltered lagoon there which may have provided some good snorkeling too but we did not have our gear with us and had no time to go back. Take sandals as you do have to go over rocky terrain to get there. I had no complaints about the food everywhere except my T-bone steak at one of the Ala Cartes one night was not what you would expect from a T-bone. If you want to do Cenotes then there are two options right across the highway from the resort but go the one further to the left or south as they have 4 Cenotes and lunch for only 20 bucks more than the first one. The guy at the little stand right across the street sets you up to go to the first one. I would definitely return to this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico