Not a 5star more like a 3star
Hotel reception and staff - We didn't get what we paid for - premium alcohol, now having to eat/drink gluten free I would not have accepted a package that did't allow me such options. I was inquiring about internet service and I got about 10 different prices and the run a around, finally I was able to buy a wifi package for the remainder of my stay at an unlimited price.
Food - It was good, edible but boring as it was the same thing every day. Breakfast was the worst selection.
Witnessed a father physically assault his son outside our room only to have that man charge after me then proceeded to punch and kick my door while yelling that he is going to kill me. no option to call 911 had to find the 4 digit code to call reception. Security showed up. I come out to find out that this guy had also thrown another female canadian guest against the wall. The wife shows up to defend her husband (really WTF). to make a long story short this guy gets to remain in the hotel as if nothing happened. I would say that the hotel does not put the safety of their guests first.
The only thing this hotel has going for it, is the beach. I have been to many resorts in the mayan and I have to admit that this beach is beautiful and not rocky at all.
I will never be back to this hotel and I will certainly voice my opinion to friends family and whomever that they would be better off somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico