This was our first time with all-inclusive (we have always avoided that), but we were actually pleasantly surprised. All meals were great, with choices for everyone. Besides the meals, all drinks were free during the day, and the mini bar in the room, were refilled daily with soft drinks and beers. After one week you might get bored with the menus, but it certainly works out perfect for a week.
All activities are also included in the room fee (tennis, minituare golf, kayaks etc) together with nightly entertainment. On top there’s lot of activities for kids during the day, so the total package is definitely a good deal.
Beside the buffet restaurants, there are also some ala carte restaurants on the resort, but it was difficult to get a reservation. The reason apparently is, that they are only open for a few nights during the week. However they are not particularly better than the buffets, so don’t be disappointed if you don’t succeed getting reservations.
The beach simply is amazing - white sand, clear blue water and lots of palm trees. The only letdown is that you have to share it with a thousand other guests, but still it was lovely. The best section of beach is without doubt by Caribe/Beach.
The pools are also nice, but rather big and also very crowded during the day (especially the pool bar appears to be crowded).
Rooms were great, just don’t expect total luxury. A/C and fan worked perfectly. Room had a balcony with great view of the area (seemed most rooms had a fairly good view). The gardens were perfectly kept and it was a delight to walk around these beautiful surroundings.
All staff was nice and very service-minded, despite being busy at rush hour in the restaurants.
Both the check-inn and checkout was smooth and perfect by the way.
Caribe and Beach section is alike, but Caribe seems to be less crowded than the Beach section. Especially the buffets were less hectic, but also the pool was quieter without loud music etc, but maybe that’s just a coincidence the week we spent there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico