Barcelo Maya Caribe
$455
$324
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Travelocity
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$240
$141
$302
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$398
$324
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $389/night.

Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$395
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$311
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$388
$208
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

Catalonia Yucatan Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$172
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

4,085 results
All reviewssayil buildingmini golfflow riderfishspanish restaurantcaptain morganwater sportsla fuentea la carte restaurantssports barclub premiumother resortsbarcelo mayabowling alleybuffet foodgreat vacationmake reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband I and I went with my brothers family and we all had a wonderful time. From food to location and services, it was Fab.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Debbieaka
DirectorBeachCaribe, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear Debbieaka,

Many thanks for your full review and your comments which are very important for us. We invite you to visit our website to know the new Barceló Maya Caribe.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Me and My husband have traveled for 6 years, often 2 to 3 times a year, so we really know what to expect and what we like. When we read reviews, we look for cleaniness, beach...etc. We are Riu lovers but decided to go with Barcelo once more, we stayed at Barcelo Maya Tropical ( 2 doors down) 2 years ago and we would go back there or to the Colonial any day.
We LOVED the beach and ocean, you can be in neck water and see the color of your toes! Amazing, swim in the roped area where the rocks are and you will see many many sting rays and baracudas!! So invest in some good googles. We loves how jungle it looked.
We DIDNT like that the rooms weren't so cool, it was actually like there was no air, just fan, but i sleep in cold cold room at home. The outdoor eating was fine (no sweating) however mosquitos were bad (not bad at Tropical or Colonial cause they have indoor eating), so Bring Bug Spray cause its 12 bucks there. Food was just okay but steak house, brilliant!
We didnt mind much but dont expect any rooms to have ocean views, at those resorts there at Barcelo, no one does. The pool was "okay" not so clean but not nasty enough for me not to swim in it. If you booked your trip already, just enjoy it, i know i did, but if you didnt or can move hotels go to TROPICAL OR COLONIAL!!

ALSO not a pleasnt smell sometimes in your room, it was a nasty sewer smell but it would go away, come and go, so my suggestion, bring air freshner!!

Hope this helps!

Room Tip: They are not accomidating AT ALL! you get what you get, no bother trying unles your paying.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MissouriTraveljunkie

Dear MissouriTraveljunkie,

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I am going to start out by saying that this was my husband and I 6 year wedding ann. We wanted to take a much needed trip that was very relaxing and romantic. So we decided to pick the Caribe. I will start from the 1st day on. First of all it took us almost 3 hrs to get from the airport in Cancun to the resort. I got the shuttle bus directly from the hotel. They were there when we got off the plane then told us there would be 5 stops before ours. The stops where are other resorts along the way. We lost a whole day due to travel! Then we checked in and the rate that I was told was less then what the told me when we checked in 30.00 more we had to pay. Then we were told that we can only eat at the buffett in our hotel the caribe we could not go to any of the other restraunts. But they would give us 2 nights free at the Spanish and Mexican but you better book it now or we wont get in. The front desk staff was not very friendly at all! Then we got to the room which I have no complains about it was nice not the best but nice. The food was the worst at the buffett for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The buffetts are all outside so we were sweating the whole time while eating. They had fans in there but that was all! Then the pools and the bars by the pools close so early you cant enjoy anything at night. There were no lights on the beach! So no walks at night :( THe only way you got good service at the pool bars or when eating was to tip the staff. Every other all inclusive resort I have been to they say Please do not tip the staff, not at this one. The only way you got good service was to tip. The room service was the worst it was free but you had to pay 8.00 per plate for a room service charge! The pools were ok there were a bunch of teenage kids getting drunk and we didnt even want to get in the pool and they were under age! I picked this location because I didnt want to deal with teenage kids in Cancun. No top shelf drinks if you wanted you had to pay. Then we tried to schld our shuttle service back to the airport. The lady told us we were to late that she could only do a private one for 105.00 or we can get a taxi for 75.00. I will never return to this resort or any other Barcelo resort! Dont waste your money!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsG0630

Dear MrsG0630,

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This place is ok. Food is ok at the buffets, but every dinner we had outside of the buffet was very good. Check in went fast but they tried to get us to purchase the "upgrade". We were told the only way that we could have rooms near the couple we booked the trip with would be for both of us to cough up the money ($500) total. We passed and ended up with rooms next to each other anyway - so this was a rip off scam to start, which really put me off. On all of our paperwork it said rooms next to each other. Nice try to scam us. We immediately went to book our dinners due to the limited amount of space and per everyones recommondations out here. Too late, 15 minutes there and everything was "booked". Well, we just went to the resataunt and paid the hostess off to get in. I was ill one night and we cancelled about 1pm our dinner reservations at the Tropical and still got charged for all 4 of us even though we cancelled. On the receipt she pointed out at checkout it says no refunds. How can they not refund money I haven't paid yet? They were very good about getting us a credit after we provided them with the name of the person we tried to cancel with prior to their 3pm change cutoff time. At least they did that for us. The beach is amazing, the pool is so cold it was really hard to get in. Of course once in it you get used to it quick. Got chairs everyday but once at the beach. Buffet food was just average. Got so sick of them I just couldn't do it on the last day and went hungry. We went and bought snacks instead. Drinks were never even close to the same at the bars. Each bartender even at the same bar may or may not make the drink right. Plus VERY weak... boo. So sick of Corona I can't even tell you. Yuck. Wish they had another option for beer other than Corona. Trip to and from Airport was about 2 hours due to the stops we had to make and construction on an overpass. They stuffed us all into a van and it was so uncomfortable it was painful for a couple of us. The entertainment was pretty good, but hard to find seating if you do not get there very early. Walking this resort was wonderful. It's grounds are beautiful. We were able to snorkle right off the beach and saw some amazing fish and a sea turtle that we swam next to. Very cool. Never went swimming by the pier as it was jam packed and just all the same fish over there. Service for our room stunk... We did not get snacks or drinks refilled for our first 2 days, then for our last 3 despite calls and my husbands visit to the front desk. We also had a very loud ceiling fan that kept us up the first night. We finally turned it off and tried the air... not amazing by any means. We wanted our room open but needed the fan. Called twice to have it fixed and again, both my husband and I visited the front desk - still not fixed. The 3rd night my husband got up on a chair and rigged it up so we could at least stand it. Broken conditioner container in the shower and they never fixed it or filled it. No biggy, I always bring my own. But it would have been nice to have it. One morning woke up to the wonderful sight of someone's trash and puke on our patio. The people above us threw everything including their supper onto our patio below them. We called the desk to have this cleaned up and they said that they would right away. We got back to our room after being gone all day and it was still there, but now the sprinklers had at least gotten rid of some of it. Called the desk again, still did not clean up. Found a grounds worker and asked them. It was finally taken care of after that on the 2nd day. Was not able to use our patio for 2 days. Very dissapointing. Our friends first trip and they loved it. It wa ok for us, after staying at Moon Palace Golf, and then Le Blanc in Cancun - this place is like a Super 8. They were happy and want to go back next year... we will not be joining them if we have to stay at this resort.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear besdogs3,

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed in Caribe and all in all this was a wonderful trip. I will start with the unpleasantries, the worst thing out of the whole trip was completely out of Barcelo's hands because we had a tropical storm hit for two days while we were there. Barcelo however did a FABULOUS job keeping all of the guests entertained in the lobbies. However I do wish that at check-in we would have been told exactly how the a la cartes worked and that we had to go to guest services to get a reservation they also were not available until our last three nights there. My last complaint is the scheduled eating times were never followed. We quickly learned on the first day that a posted time does not mean the restaurant will be open on time or open at all. We just adjusted and found the ones that were and didn't have a problem after that.

Now for the good! The dive shop onsite, Dressel Divers, was excellent and very professional. They do everything they can to make sure you don't go to the same dive site twice. During the tropical storm the staff did an excellent job with entertainment there were board games, putt-putt, bingo and plenty of wait staff to serve drinks. We went to Agave, Don Quixote, and El Ranchero which were all delicious and the buffets had themed nights every night so the food selection was always great! I did get engaged on this trip which was very romantic and we were able to book a time slot with Kodak who met us (in the tropical storm) to take some engagement pictures for us at a very decent price. I also emailed the hotel 7 days before our arrival and let them know which building I preferred and that I wanted to be as close to the pool/beach as possible, which was granted! Everything was extremely well kept and clean (even after the storm hit) and everyone was extremely friendly throughout the entire property!!!

We will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: Email the hotel and let them know your preference!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple