“E201 Villas del Mar”
Review of Villas Del Mar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Aventuras
Villas Del Mar
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We booked Unit E201 Villas Del Mar, Puerto Aventuras for the Month of Feb.2014 through Andrew Leigh of Sol Maya Rentals. We were pleasantly surprised arriving at the unit. It was very spacious, had a great view of the grounds and ocean, was very clean and had most everything that we needed. Andrew Leigh was very responsive to any inquiries and gave us great service. We had a wonderful time and would recommend this property.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PKS70
There are newer reviews for Villas Del Mar

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I had a great time. Beach is best in area. Easy walk to nice bars and restaurants. Drive to Playa del Carmen and the nightlife but not sure you need to go. Great jogging routes in the area, 2 mile route around the complex. Local tacos and smoked chicken across the highway, never felt threatened or in danger. Would recommend this area and this condo community to families and couples. It's great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cody C
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic vacation at Villas del Mar, Puerto Aventuras. We booked with Andrew Leigh of Sol Maya Rentals and stayed at D201. The condo is very spacious and clean. It overlooks the pool with views of the ocean as well. Andrew was very responsive and helpful with the planning and services. We booked transportation through his recommendation and it was also dependable. Complex has an enormous pool with lots of zero entry for small children. Beach is soft and beautiful. Very happy with everything and hope to return again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Allison H
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We traveled to Mexico in April 2013 and stayed in Villas Del Mar C 205 (VDM C205). The unit was fabulous as was the beach and area. I would highly recommend the unit and this vacation. The unit has a great view of the pool and ocean, with convenient access to both. The owner Jim Baumgaertner and Jamie were great to work with and provided detailed information about the area, directions etc. The unit was clean and had been recently refurbished – very high quality. He did a fantastic job with the kitchen. Our friends were in C105 and also loved their unit. That unit is particularly nice if you want the larger balcony which was great for us with two families - 8 people.

We were able to go deep sea fishing and caught a large black fin tuna. I just walked over to the guys across from the entry and struck a deal - they were great. We loved the restaurants (especially Tiramisu - we ate there three times and got to know the very nice owner - and they cooked up our Tuna).

We also enjoyed other activities including diving, snorkeling and the ruins. The snorkeling was exceptional. This beach is very unique for snorkeling and swimming. There are a lot of areas close by with too much rock, but not this property. I would say this snorkeling was better than anything we have done in Hawaii. We also went to Xplore and had a great time.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lb10002013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed with another couple June 11-18 at Unit D-205. The condo itself was spotless - cleaner than my house. Very nice and comfortable accommodations for the 4 of us. The grounds of the condo were meticulously maintained, even in this very quiet low season. The staff was working on pool cleaning by 7am, the groundskeepers worked every day and not a blade of grass was out of place, and the beach was pristine (both clean and big compared to most other sections of Puerto Aventuras). Jose, the security manager, touched base with us every day to see if we were ok or needed anything. There were maybe 3-4 other families at the beach or pool on any given day, so we had palapas to ourselves.

Often we were the only people in the bay as far as the eye could see. Although I Scuba dived both in PDC and in Puerto, I saw the biggest Ray of the week about 30 yards straight in front of Villa Del Mar. Also saw sea turtles there and many more while snorkeling in Akumal. We took taxis everywhere. It was about $20 to PDC, $30 to Tulum, and maybe $4 or 50 pesos to get to the Chedraui grocery store, where we went twice during the week for supplies, including alcohol. The restaurants in Puerto were decent, but nothing to write home about. My favorite was latitude 20, about a 10-15 minute walk. Good happy hour (I believe 2 beers for 40 pesos), good personal pizzas and good shrimp tacos. Overall, I would come again in a heartbeat, and bring some more friends and family next time!

Room Tip: our unit D-205 had a partial view of the beach and bay, which was fine since we spent most of the da...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VTGobbler
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at VDM in March 2013. Very nice property. Nice beach. Decent pool. No hotel amenities, but that's to be expected. Not a hotel. Some minor annoyances: no elevators (pain if u r on 3rd floor. Hot water wasn't working the whole time we were there. And water was shut off while my wife was in the middle of a shower! Comped a night b/c of that. Overall would go back. Several great restaurants and shops nearby in walking distance.
Lattitude 20 is great

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Puerto Aventuras, 2nd trip staying in Villas Del Mar(April 2013). We were in C103 this trip and were thrilled with it. There's a couple cosmetic things that I would change (new oven and add a backsplash or repaint behind stove top) but other than that, it's perfect. The kitchen can be tight but we had someone cooking for us so the size of the kitchen never impacted us. I love how the sliders go the length of the family and dining room and the whole place can be open! There's a huge patio and large table for meals outside and a nice grassy space right in front. We hung out mostly in our "own" yard, with lounge chairs and a nice palm tree for shade when necessary.

This trip included my family of 4 and my parents and there was plenty of space and we never felt crowded in this condo. Bedrooms are spacious and clean as are the bathrooms. There's also a half bath off the kitchen and a HUGE laundry room, plenty of space to store things etc.

The pool was cool-comfortable and never crowded. My girls ages 6 and 7 LOVE coming to PA! We always have a cook but have tried a few of the restaurants as well and often walk into town for dessert in the evenings. We really like Massimo (homemade pasta!) and Paparazzi pizza. Desserts and live music at Cafe Ole' (my husband loves the homemade Coconut cream pie!)

As always, Andrew at Solmaya Rentals is helpful and kind. Very easy to work with!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family