Barcelo Maya Beach
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$331
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$262
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$159
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$388
$208
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$374
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $387/night.

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$273
$228
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

$469
$324
Priceline
$523
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
9,465 results
All reviewsmaya beachcoba buildingfishplaya del carmenspanish restaurantother resortsrancho grandeswim up barrecommend this resorta la carte restaurantscaptain morgansbeach buffetmini golfbeach sectionbeautiful resortsteakbuffet food
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked our vacation through ITravel2000 (another big mistake). We wanted oceanview so, we paid $600 extra for the Club Premium just so we could have an ocean view room, we were told that was the only way we could get it. I also contacted the hotel and expressed how important the oceanview was to us. Arrived to find no ocean view, actually no view of anything but trees. Front staff tried to upsale to another room for only $1200 more which after asking 3 times, we were finally told it still had no ocean view and then they told us to come check back the next day to see if anything else is available, had to do this once before at a different Barceló and wasted almost a whole day. The shower faucet was broken off, they came the next night at 11pm to fix it, we were already in bed, so asked them to come back. Fortunately, my husband was able to fix it enough that we could get water, but not change the temperature because they came 2 days later and only took the faucet handle from the sink. After cleaners left one day, our toilet was plugged. After all that, we still never received any of the Club Premium advantages that we paid $600 for. We decided to try to enjoy the rest of our vacation because they were not assisting us at all and then when we got home we emailed our disappointment and stated we'd never stay there again. so to compensate us, they offered us free VIP at the same hotel for our next visit. We don't want VIP treatment, so we remain very disappointed.

Room Tip: Goodluck, don't expect to see the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TRU_2_U_11
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Mexico. We were very nervous about going because family and friends kept saying Mexico is very unsettled right now.
Well let me begin by saying that we couldn't of felt more safe in this resort. Yes there are areas in Mexico that are extremely dangerous, but this was not one of them. We felt safe in the morning as well as night.
This resort is soooo well taken care of. The employees are super friendly, and hardworking! It's absolutely beautiful.
I read reviews all the time, and a lot of people posted negative comments on the food. My husband and I are not picky eaters,but our younger daughter is. She never had a problem finding something good to eat at the buffets. We made reservations for 5 restaurants. All of them were great.
One of my favorite parts of any vacation is the ocean. Unfortunately this ocean (for me) was not that great. Too much coral and because the time of year we went, A LOT of seaweed!. But I got spoiled when I went to Cayman Island. This will be the ONLY reason I won't return.
The beach is beautiful though! And they do a great job cleaning it in the morning. There was always plenty of chairs on the beach as well as the ocean.
Make sure you bring plenty of sun tan lotion. It will cost you about $30 (american dollars!) for a bottle.

Room Tip: We upgraded our room and got pool front. Liked it so much better than the orginal garden view we had.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ivon W
DirectorBeachCaribe, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear Ivon W

We would like to thank you for choosing Barcelo Maya Beach to expend your last holidays and look forward to meet you. We wish to welcome you back some other time.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Have just returned from a 2 week holiday here.

What an amazing place. Was totally beautiful and the staff were great, all smiled and spoke to you, were efficient and ensured you had everything you needed.

I'll be as honest as possible for my review.

Accomodation - rooms
We stayed in Maya beach first and the rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. Sheets were clean and was very pleased. Moved to Barcelo Tropical and rooms were slightly better (well balcony was bigger and more private) not much difference, but just as clean.

We moved because of all the building work. The kangos and bansaws were busy from 7am-7pm. Although to be perfectly honest we really didn't notice or feel affected by the work. We couldn't here from our side but can imagine if you were facing it you would have been annoyed. We also opted to use the Colonial pool (just because we could and it was nicer) so daytime building was never noticable either. However, we read a review before we left and were concerned about the building work - so we contacted Thomson/First Choice both by going in and telephoning. Both times we were told that they have a specialist team who deal with renovation and building work and if it was going to affect your holiday we would have been informed. So we went on the understanding there wasn't anything to worry about. Well done Firstchoice for having such an informative, knowledgeable team! Really on the call there. Sorry to be sarcastic.

However, (again I will say it really didn't have an impact on our time) the area was enclosed by fencing that apologised and wasn't instrusive. The complex was so large that the noise (to me) seemed so far away even when you were close. So this gets me round to why we changed hotels. The hotel itself decided that because of the building work next door they were going to completely close the 'Maya beach'. So we were moved to 'tropical'. The only inconvenience for us was that we had to pack and unpack mid holiday.This didn't bother me that much because...

The beach!!! Was so so beautiful. The sea was turquoise and tropical with the reef so close and some of the most amazing snorkelling ever, so many different fish and ray to sea (second largest reef in the world next to the barrier reef). We were able to swim with turtles it was simply fantastic. There was always a quiet place to sit/lay and the beach never seemed overcrowded. There were always sunbeds (never that horrible saving with towels). The sea was warm and some days calm but when the wind got up wavy for more fun. Sand was white and smooth and the jetty was great to sit and watch fish or jump off. There were palm trees to shade under. BLISS!!!

The hotel itself was immaculately kept and the staff worked very hard. There was never any mess or litter, nowhere ever appeared dirty and no flies! Were some lizards, iguanas and a snake?!?

The food buffets were full of a super variety of food and never empty for long. It always looked appetising and again the staff were very friendly and efficient. Everything was fresh and really good, can't complain about anything. Made it really hard to come home and cook again. Boo hoo.

Weather - rain came rain went, same with the thunder. It's a tropical place in the rainy season. This didn't bother us. When it rained with ate lovely food and drank tequilla! Ariba! No problem for me. Pretty soon the sun was out again.

Excursions we found incredibly expensive. We decided to do this off our own back and definately saved money this was. You can get the bus to Tulum and taxi to Xel-ha and Playa Carmen. I'd say research where you want to go and prices before you leave and then ask someone at the hotel or a local as they can tell you the cheapest way of doing things. Ie the cenotes (there is one across the road from the hotel) The turtles excursion - why pay when you can see them when you snorkel off the beach at the hotel?

Pay for your exit tax in pesos as it worked out cheaper the pound stirling or dollars about £5 each - every little helps.

We were told that it was only pesos now in mexico and not USD but this is not the case. They take and accept both. In fact more things are priced in USD and we took pesos so were converting alot! Speaking of money barter for your life at the shops. They really try it on. I wanted a wooden carved mask for my wall. They started at 60USD and I eventually paid 400 peso, a bowl for 1055 peso came down to 450 blimey. I'm sure I'd got it for less but I began to feel a touch guilty.

Overall we had an amazing holiday. I found the mexican people so friendly, accomodating and cheerful. The complex was fantastic in a beautiful setting.

Would go back in a flash. But there's a lot of world to see!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Pippa P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great value for adult(6) family vacation ages 19-59.Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Barcelo Maya Beach Caribe- June 16-23, 2013. Upside: beautiful grounds, intimate setting, pools (daily entertainment and music) comfortable beds and rooms; BEST section of the beach, white sand, clean and smooth; several excursion options fairly priced; buffet and restaurant service excellent - courteous, friendly and respectful. Downside: limited restaurant choices (Spanish, Mexican & Steakhouse) during remodel; housekeeping & repairs inconsistent; be mindful of paying for excursion at front desk-they will "modify" the exchange rate. Read mixed reviews but found an unofficial web site for hotel hosted by repeat travelers who love the Barcelo. Great tips and lots of information. unofficial-barcelo-maya.com

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CFB2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First trip to the Mayan Riviera, and thought this might be a nice little hotel complex to check out. Turned out to be one of my best decisions for destination. Great hotel, tons of things to do, very clean, very friendly staff, excellent place. Going to take my family there again.

Room Tip: there is no such thing as a bad room at this place =)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ladygrizz

Dear ladtgrizz, We would like to thank you for choosing Barcelo Maya Beach. We wish to welcome you back some other time.