23 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$162
Official website$153
eDreams$151
13,439 results
All reviews tapas fish snack bar privileged suite el mercado privileged guests gated community standard room japanese restaurant crepes pure chill out bar a la carte restaurants animation team steak lagoon area dolphin discovery the grill
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2019

I woke up every day with construction noise.
rooms had some leak and needed to renovated.
Most people working there was nice. but the sells staff trying to upgrade you were pushy and just couldn't understand that we didn't want to be sold on anything. Just wanted to have a good time

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank felixg123456
Catalonia_Caribbean, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2019

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing. Taking this opportunity I would like to offer an apology for not meeting expectations. In search of improving the experience in Catalonia Riviera Maya, we constantly carry out renovations in our property, but always respecting the schedules in which most of our guests are already enjoying the other areas, in addition, our staff is indicated to seek, as far as possible, a better location if the guest requests it. On the other hand, I will share your impression with the authorities of the Vacation Club, we are sure that they will take into account your opinion. Thank you for your visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2019

I recommend staying at Catalonia for a number of reasons. The staff could not be more helpful. The food, entertainment, service, and experience was perfect! If you are looking for a relaxing trip, this is your resort.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank AlexandraC2606
Reviewed October 21, 2019

Stayed for the weekend and I have to say even when I want to like it, it ended up falling short.
Arrived early for checkin and asked for an upgrade, received a very rude NO from the reception girl.
Got my room and found a dead cockroach next to the bed, went to the front desk and told them about the incident, again received a kind of cold ALL WE CAN DO IS SEND SOMEONE TO CLEAN. Took the issue to the supervisor who turned out to be the same lady at the check in, this time she took good care and found me a better room and directed me to customer service, who where kind to offer a dinner at the privileged restaurant.
It seemed like everything was going to go smoothly from here on, if not for the fact that this upgraded privileged room was next to the housekeeping closet, which they started using and coming and going every morning at 8 am, so no sleeping after this hour.
Breakfast is poor, really really poor and basic, but the food improves during the day, meals and snacks are good, specially the sandwiches by the Yucatan pool, we went to the asian and privileged restaurants which where both very good and the tapas restaurants which are not really tapas. Bars are a highlight, not very crowded and the drinks are good. Only issue was at the sportsbar, first no one could change the tv channel to put the baseball game, solved by the barman after some minutes, but then even when there where people watching a guy from entertainment team came and turned all tv's off and ran away, he really did not say anything and the barman just told us they close at eleven, come on people!! game 6 of the NLCS, ninth inning and the Yankees just tied the game and you turn off the tv just like that!!
Pools are relaxing and the beach by the privileged area is nice and smooth. Only got to see the mexican show and seemed entertaining.
Overall because of the many good people working there I wanted to like my stay but I don´t think I will come back any time soon.

2  Thank EJ H
Catalonia_Caribbean, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2019

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the contribution you have just shared, we regret that you have returned home with this experience, I assure you that our Housekeeping Manager is working with her team to prevent such an inconvenience from occurring again and of course, our staff at the front desk also will be instructed to be able to assist our guests in the best way. Thank you very much for having the confidence to share your comment and even with your final statement we hope you will return someday, we would love to show you the positive changes we can achieve.

Reviewed October 21, 2019

I visited here as a solo traveler early September for 1 week. The weather was gorgeous and red hot hitting 32 - 33 degrees! A bit too uncomfortable for me.
Every single member of staff were excellent and so friendly and made me really welcome.
Food was great and plentiful with various themed nights and variety. The Steak Restaurant was really good and unlike other hotels, I was surprised that I could go to it more than once a week.
I was looking at previous reviews about the beach there as I am a big beach lover.
That was the only negative thing for me. The beach area for general hotel guests to the right of the hotel was not great. Iv'e had better. Unless you pay and upgrade to a premium guest, than you have access to a better beach to the left of the grounds and an extra members only area pool.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank 473craigp

Dear Craig,

While we are very happy to know that you have returned home with a good experience we are concerned to know that there is information that is not well shared and/or confirmed. It is true that within the Privileged benefits there are private areas however, the beach is for everyone, no matter what category has been reserved, you can cross these areas and enjoy the sea, what is regulated, is the use of facilities (beds, bar and pool). I regret that this area of opportunity has been the reason why you could not enjoy everything, we will do our best to share with all our guests this valuable information and eliminate this erroneous impression. On the other hand, thank you for the positive mentions for our staff and the gastronomic offer. We hope that, knowing this now, you can come back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 21, 2019 via mobile

Before arriving I did email to request a room near to pool/sea etc due to hip issue well we got ground floor but not close
Food was ok not very hot did enjoy steak meal & Japanese these really stood out
Grounds well kept tidy & very clean
We layed on the loungers just next to the pool abit hit & miss if we saw a waiter
Most of the entertainment team were friendly apart from a couple of the French guys ( not Flow) made it very clear they would ignore us British not nice
Photographers were great guys always had time to talk due to their great attitude we had our photos taken
Very disappointed that the bats closed at 11pm
Would not return

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahmdavis

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Before continuing, I would like to offer a sincere apology, read that the expectations were not met disappoints us and alerts us as it means that there are areas of opportunity that we continue to commit and we have done nothing to eradicate them; I assure you that I will share your experience with the departments involved, together we will work to improve the experience of our visitors.

On the other hand, I must inform that due to the occupation it was not possible to assign a room in the area that you requested however, we looked for a first floor to make it a little more comfortable for you to move into the property. I also appreciate your positive impressions for our Ayami restaurant and common areas, our public areas team works very early to have the property perfectly clean.

Dear Sarah, thank you very much for your visit, and although you have already confirmed that you will not be returning, we hope that you will be able to do so in the future, it will be an honor to serve you and of course, share with you the positive changes we can achieve.

Bes regards,