We visited the CRM from July 24-28th. It was a group of 10 of us. The ride from the airport is a little far, so be prepared to sit for about an hour. Upon arrival at the hotel, they greet you with a non-alcoholic drink that was a pretty nice gesture--a little too sweet from me. But, you leave your luggage with the bellhop and go to the desk to check-in. Check-in was extremely slow. They give an entire speech about the property and all the amenities to each person. They probably could eliminate that by printing up brochures. We were so tired from traveling, that we weren't paying attention. The upgrade in my opinion isn't worth it unless you plan to be in your room a lot. Sure you get a nice, large bathroom (some of my friends paid for the upgrade) and a separate living room area, and then a balcony with a "pool" (it's more like bathtub). I stayed in the privilege rooms and to me, that was a nice room. The bathroom was really nice. And the A/C works very well!
The property is beautifully landscaped. Be careful of the bridge that leads from the hotel lobby to the rest of the property. It was slippery at times and I slid once (with tennis shoes on). Luckily I was able to grab the railing. We didn't even try all of the a la carte restaurants. For the most part we ate at the buffet just because our group was so large. We did try the Italian Restaurant and the Japanese restaurant. Nothing to brag about. Most of it was just OK. The pool areas were pretty quiet. And I never understand why the pools close so early. People are on vacation. Went to the club one night, but all they played was salsa. Yes, we were in Mexico...but I guess I was expecting it to be like when I travel to other resorts and they play all types of music.
Please visit Josue at the bar. He is awesome!!! Best bartender there. Overall for the money we paid for everything, this was an excellent deal. As a travel agent, I would recommend it to people who want to experience Mexico. Just be aware that the beach is not the best for swimming. I broke all my nails on one hand (yes, all of them) because I had to keep catching myself when the waves came in and it's all rocks. Don't forget your water shoes. It was that bad. BUT you only had to walk out about 5 feet and the water was so clear, you could see the fish swimming around you.
If you get a chance to do an excursion, go to Xcaret park. What a great time. And the spa (additional cost) is so worth it. I had the chocolate treatment and that was the highlight of my entire trip. Book it prior to going...and make sure you print the confirmation. A lot of the staff at the park acted like they had never seen the confirmation email and were trying to send us to a different park. My receipt came just as a simple paypal receipt. My best friend actually got an email from the spa. Both work, but apparently, the spa and staff at the park don't communicate. But, we ended up having the customer service at the park call the number on the receipt (before we took a taxi like they said) and they confirmed we were at the right place. Another great tour was the Chichén Itzá Tour. We booked this at the hotel. The tour guides were amazing!! It's an all day tour so wear good shoes. Lunch is provided and they gave us all the beer and soda we could drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico