We booked a privileged Honeymoon Room - block 12 ground floor room 6102 for our one week stay. This was our first all-inclusive vacation in our 20 years of marriage. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Catalonia!
The room was beautiful, spacious & clean. Well worth it to upgrade, especially to the honeymoon room! The room included a free safe, restocked mini bar fridge, large terrace with pool/tub, t-shirts, fruit basket, chocolates & sparkling wine, continental breakfast in the room, a romantic 3 course shrimp & Filet Mignon dinner at the Terrace with a photo, couples massage and time in the spa as well as use of the privileged amenities.
We ate at the all of the a la carte restaurants, except the La Creperie & the Terrace Tapas Lounge. We usually eat early at home, so we lined up for dinner at each restaurant at about 5:45 and were seated when the restaurant opened at 6 pm as one of the first 6-10 tables for the night. The food, presentation and service in the a la carte restaurants was very good, better than at the buffets - but that's to be expected. We also enjoyed a quiet, relaxing, delicious a la carte breakfast & lunch in Bellavista Italian Restaurant - part of the privileged amenities. They did seem to be short on staff in the dining & bar areas. The staff worked very hard to try to maintain good service & cleanliness of these areas.
The resort was clean and the staff was friendly, every staff member we walked by smiled & said "hola". The Yucatan poolside seemed quieter during the day, with an older crowd at the pools - some spending a lot of time in the pool bar areas. Pool lounge chairs were saved early in the morning, around sunrise, as were some of the "prime" beach lounge chairs. However, when we did go to the beach after lunch, there were many lounge chairs still available for the taking. The beach is small and you must have water shoes to go in the ocean. The water was very choppy during our stay, so we only went in once.
There seemed to be lots of activities - bicycles, pool & beach volleyball, horseshoes, bocce ball, archery, tennis, ping pong, kayaks, catamarans, snorkeling and scuba lesson. We chose to relax and did not participate in any activities other than using the bikes.
The nightly entertainment was very loud. Our room was too close to it, considering we had requested a room in a "quiet" area. One night we were awakened by loud band or club music that started to play suddenly after 11 pm. The close proximity to the El Abuelo Lobby Bar with it's karaoke and live music was the only complaint we have about our room. That and the drunk people coming in at 2-3 am, not respecting the "quiet area's" signage. (That can & does happen anywhere though.)
The location is perfect for those wanting to travel to Playa de Carmen or Xel-ha & Tulum. Easy to find, free parking for those renting cars. About an hour from the Cancun airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico