Catalonia Riviera Maya
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$182
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$218
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
$233
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$149
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$238
  • Pool
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$425
$333
Bookit.com
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$445
$378
$516
  • Pool
10,127 results
All reviewstapasfishsnack barprivileged suiteel mercadothe lion kingstandard roomjapanese restaurantwater shoesa la carte restaurantspure chill out barcrepesgated communitysteakanimation teamsea lionslagoon area
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Just got back feb 28th. Great weather and got to meet some good people also on vacation. Other than that wow what a disappointment ! I will never never travel with nolitours again. I had booked privileged superior oceanview what a joke. I feel ripped off and the hotel won't do anything cause all of a sudden the guy that could speak some English speaks none when there's a problem. We were told we would have VIP check in and wouldn't have to wait by booking privileged... Yeah right check in was over 90 mins.... Then I find out I don't get 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 kids like I should, I get a king size bed for 4 people..... So they add a cot remove some furniture now we got a collage dorm, were all good and jammed in our room.. Internet only works on Tuesdays and Thursday but only if you wear a tin foil hat and stand on one leg rubbing your belly with your left hand. Kids had a long day in the sun ? Wanna go to the room to rest and watch tv ? Well good luck cause the cable don't work in room 8031 but it works for the neighbour and in the sports bar ... Don't bother asking the front dest for help cause I did 3 times I'm sure it's still fawked up. House keeping flip a coin and make bets to see if there coming. 4+ stars lol worst hotel I have stayed at in Mexico .... And by no means was I the only one upset and disappointed with the hotel and nolitours I saw other guests yelling and I mean YELLING and the nolitour reps at the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Saskmk
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The food was good in all of the restaurants, with the Japanese being the best. The buffets were just OK, normal buffet food. We did upgrade to privilege suites for 50% off when we got to the resort and it was fine. However, in an all inclusive, i don't think it should be necessary to have to upgrade just to get a safe and a refrigerator. Those should be included in ALL rooms at no extra cost. We also didn't get our room clean on of the nights. Not sure why since there was not a note left or anything. The grounds were beautiful. The staff was excellent. Bar tenders and waitresses were also very friendly. The beach was very rocky just like everyone stated. Definitely need water shoes. Entertainment at night was poor. Nothing to do after dinner. Overall, it was just an average resort. Probably would not go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BucketListTraveler88
catrivieramaya1, Director General at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear BucketlistTraveler88,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations regarding the room amenities. We are deeply sorry if this was inconvenient for you.

I hear all your comments, and certainly we will take seriously your feedback and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

just returned after two week in room 6126. main beach very rocky so use lagoon.good buffet food and restaurants (IF YOU CAN GET IN) Main pools full of arrogant fat americans drinking out of their own buckets and pre booking loungers at about 6 a.m. Staff at el mercado very good. My biggest gripe is that although I left 50Pesos every morning for the chambermaid for very little cleaning he or she still thought that all my loose change next to the T.V. was fair game and so they took (stole) it. After having five people in my room making notes about the incident there was no feedback whatsoever. If the hotel manager thinks that this behaviour from his staff is acceptable then he is in the wrong job in the wrong profession

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris h

Dear chris h,
We would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.
Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations during your stay with us and to that you had a wrong impression of our service and security.

Our guests’ satisfaction is our priority and their safety one of our major concerns. Therefore, an immediate investigation was started when this situation was first reported to our staff. After being in your room asking you some details for the reports, we continued our own investigation and put our greatest effort into finding out the actual facts. We do believe in our guests' honesty, however we definitely have to look into this kind of situations very carefully in terms of objectiveness and justice since stealing is a very serious accusation, therefore we needed to have consistent evidence that in this case, the chambermaid took the coins in your TV table. Unfortunately, our investigation could not lead to any definite results, either positive or negative.
Please accept my sincerest apologies if our staff did not give you the appropriate feedback, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards and you did not receive the level of service you were expecting from us.

Needless to say that we hope that you decide to visit the Riviera Maya in the future and choose our property again for your vacation thus giving us another chance not only to comply with, but to exceed their highest expectations and demonstrate our commitment towards our guests’ satisfaction is a reality and not mere words.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Returned last night after a week at Catalonia. This was our 4th visit and as always had a great time and fantastic weather
Pros: privilege suites a must (after seeing in the other rooms
Erica and Gabriel at the spa are the best
Japanese restaurant is the best but expect a wait and worth it
Grounds beautiful and very well maintained
Chill out bar quiet and relaxing in the evening The tequila bar get pretty loud and rowdy
Cons: Our air conditioning wasn't working and it toke numerous phone calls,trips to the lobby 3
days and numerous maintance workers before our room was cooler than outside We even
requested our room be changed and that was refused not by the front desk but by the day
time manager After the air was fixed the room smelled like sewer the remainder of our stay
but felt like it was useless to complain again
My only other complaint was a thought the entertainment team is a little inappropriate with
things that are said and actions such as frequently grabbing themselves pelvic thrusting
which would be fine if this was an adult only resort but not with kids around. It was especially
bad at karaoke night by the guy playing Michael Jackson.
Buffets food ok but need more variety Food same for breakfast every day and sometime
what was there at lunch as back at dinner
Will we be back? Yes. To this resort maybe As we visit Riviera Maya 3-4 times a year it may be time to look at a different resort
Also if you would like to venture off the resort for dinner, we highly recommend Latitude 20 by the marina and only a short walk We had the best grilled over wood filet mignon that you could practically cut with a fork. Dinner cost $25. Only drawback is cash only no credit cards

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debweb65

Dear Debweb65,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience

Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations during your stay with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had 2wks at this hotel commencing Feb 11th. and will try to start with the positives! Beautiful location and weather. The complex is not too large and we found it very easy to get around. We had upgraded to privileged so we're expecting high levels of customer service, nice room etc. in comparison to other hotels we have stayed in we found our room to be small, the balcony was small and the decor was very dark and dingy, however it was kept very clean. The service on the other hand was very poor. Definitely not enough staff to accommodate the level of guests. Had to queue for almost everything, especially at the bars while we were waiting for the American guests to have their huge chill mugs filled with copious amounts of alcohol! Pool areas very loud and noisy ( due to the copious amounts of said alcohol consumed) Attaining a sun bed with an umbrella was an absolute joke unless you were prepared to rise at 5.30 am. We tried various times in the evenings to eat at the themed restaurants, early, mid evening and later but had to wait approx 45 mins to an hour every time. Why you cannot reserve a table is beyond me!
There were also times when some of the restaurants were booked out to private functions making the others even more busy.
Our room was not serviced until approx 5pm every day just as we were returning from the beach which was inconvenient and our fridge was not always re- stocked.
Did not go into the theatre for the shows, after peeking through the door realised it resembled Butlins Redcoats entertainment!
All in all this hotel did not live up to our expectations, definitely feel it does not warrant the 4* . Think it will be back to Cuba next time,in an Iberostar hotel, the people and service there could teach the Catalonia a thing or two!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple