We have recently visited the Catalonia Riviera Maya. We stayed for a short 3 nights to gather information for my daughter’s upcoming wedding that is scheduled for November 2013. The resort is about an hour from the airport. We booked a private transfer with USA and therefore didn’t have to make several stops. The transfer service is great and we have used them many times for our visits. They are always there to greet us as we exit the airport!
The resort is very green and lush, pretty bushes and flowers everywhere. Upon check-in we requested an upgrade and had no problem receiving it for an additional minimal fee. We arrived at approximately 1:00 pm and were taken to our room and in the pool by 2:00 pm.
We upgraded to the Superior Privilege room and found everything in working order. We were advised that it included the safe, mini bar and alarm clock. However, we had no alarm clock (after 3 visits to the front desk we gave up, just used our watches). The room was located in building B and became a little loud when the entertainment was in lobby bar, but everything was quiet by 11:00pm. Housekeeping was below standard, we arrived on Tuesday, our room was cleaned on Wednesday but not Thursday and we checked out on Friday. The one day we did receive maid service it was very late in the afternoon.
The pools are beautiful and always clean. The staff at the pool bar was wonderful and very friendly, my daughters would like to give a shout out to Jose and Georgio from the Margarita Bar, and they agree you guys make the best Mojitos, Long Islands and Sex in the Pool!!!
The beach was very rocky!!! Please be careful entering the water, as the days we were there it was very rough and we couldn’t see the big boulder rocks and we received a few scraps!
The food was good, very Americanized but tasty! We enjoyed the Bella Vista (Italian), the Bamboleo (Grill/Steak House) and the La Brisa (Buffet). Wait staff were all very friendly and accommodating to your needs!
The wedding coordinator met with us the second day we were there and helped my daughter decide most of her wedding details (i.e. flowers, hairstyle, reception venue, menu). She also showed us many different room categories, which will help tremendously when recommending a choice for the invited guests.
The area is very safe! We had the opportunity to walk to the marina and view the dolphins and manatees. They also had lots a shopping but felt the prices were a bit higher then Playa Del Carmen.
Overall, I have visited this area of Mexico many times over the last 10 years and this resort is a great pick for the price!!! Remember tipping goes a long way!!! The staff work very hard to make your vacation one that you will remember! My family and expecially my daughter is very happy with her choice of resort for her upcoming wedding!!!
See you November!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico